2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 11:09 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Here is another one about one of the car's that the company we bailed out makes. LOL

Cost to operate a Chevy Volt.

Eric Bolling (Fox Business Channel's Follow the Money) test drove the Chevy Volt at the invitation of General Motors.
For four days in a row, the fully charged battery lasted only 25 miles before the Volt switched to the reserve gasoline engine.
Eric calculated the car got 30 mpg including the 25 miles it ran on the battery.

So, the range including the 9 gallon gas tank and the 16 kwh battery is approximately 270 miles.

It will take you 4 1/2 hours to drive 270 miles at 60 mph. Then add 10 hours to charge the battery and you have a total trip time of 14.5 hours.

In a typical road trip your average speed (including charging time) would be 20 mph.

According to General Motors, the Volt battery holds 16 kwh
of electricity. It takes a full 10 hours to charge a drained battery.

The cost for the electricity to charge the Volt is never mentioned so I looked up what I pay for electricity.

I pay approximately (it varies with amount used and the seasons) $1.16 per kwh.

16 kwh x $1.16 per kwh = $18.56 to charge the battery.
$18.56 per charge divided by 25 miles = $0.74 per mile to operate the Volt using the battery.

Compare this to a similar size car with a gasoline engine only that gets 32 mpg.

$3.99 per gallon divided by 32 mpg = $0.12 per mile.

The gasoline powered car cost about $15,000 while the Volt costs $46,000.........

So Obama wants us to pay 3 times as much, for a car that costs more that 7 times as much to run, and takes 3 times longer to drive across country..... REALLY ?????

Old 02-27-2012, 11:16 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

I don't doubt either of your posts. In fact, I agree with them. Trouble is...... who are we going to put in there, given the choices that we are going to end up with.... that is going to do any better?

When given the choice of the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for an evil......

Given what I have seen over the last couple decades, there is so little difference between the dems, and the repubbies, that it is difficult to tell one from the other. As far as foreign policy is concerned, there is NO difference.

We are caught between a rock, and a hard spot, and the tide is coming in.......

Old 02-27-2012, 12:17 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What's the difference between a Republicrat?

Be of good cheer, the military-industrial state will soon collapse. Meanwhile, we must do all in our power to oppose, resist, and subvert its desperate aggrandizements. As a matter of course. As a matter of honor.

-- Edward Abbey, Down The River

Old 02-27-2012, 12:40 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Well according to this: http://abcnews.com one of the kids died shortly after.

Old 02-27-2012, 01:18 PM
PapaG
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't doubt either of your posts. In fact, I agree with them. Trouble is...... who are we going to put in there, given the choices that we are going to end up with.... that is going to do any better?

When given the choice of the lesser of two evils, you are still voting for an evil......

Given what I have seen over the last couple decades, there is so little difference between the dems, and the repubbies, that it is difficult to tell one from the other. As far as foreign policy is concerned, there is NO difference.

YEP YEP YEP!!! This is exactly what I have been saying for a LOONNGGG time HeyYou. There's not any difference anymore. Simple fact is that for us "regular people" it doesn't really matter who is in the White House; we are still getting screwed. It's not the party or the person that is the problem it's this nightmare of a bloated bureaucracy that we have now. And from what I have seen the only hope for change is to line up ALL politicians in front of a firing squad and start over. Since I don't see that happening I don't have much hope for any positive change anytime soon....yeah I'm a cynic!

Old 02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
What's the difference between a Republicrat?
Yes and yes. Catch 22.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:33 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the 'game of thrones' is actually quite simple at it's core...

two seemingly opposing politicians sit smugly in lavish quarters, enjoying their Cuban cigars (us lowly peasants can't legally own) sipping their 70 year old cognac (peasants will never see), with sides of prized Russian caviar sitting closely- all while their drivers and personal assistants wait for the conclusion- they find that even mentioning the lowly life form they 'lead' distasteful... they are in cahoots, always have been, and will continue to distract the peasants with their seemingly opposing and public relations, whilst continuing to enjoy the lifestyle they jealously defend with extreme prejudice at the cost of the many..

until that lifestyle is threatened, they will continue to do what they want..

until our lifestyle is threatened, we'll let them.. we've been disillusioned- ALL of us.. disillusioned into believing there is any honor on that hill, and also disillusioned that it can be any other way..

what I'm trying to say is this: the extreme left, in theory- believes that all people should be equal... the extreme right believes in survival of the fittest.. it is a circle, it isn't linear- it all comes back around to chaos no matter what direction you take.. we're each somewhere in between in ideals, but rarely one extreme or the other.. if you've 'got it', you will hang onto it just like they do- if you don't 'got it', you will attempt to 'get it' or 'part of it' however you can while still being able to live with yourself..

those oligarchical types, that are leading this WORLD (not only nation) have long past the point of seeing anything but protecting their realm.. there is only one way to 'right' things, and that isn't pretty... and, all it will do is temporarily redistribute the power.. and we'll be back to where we are now in short order..

the most profound thing I've ever read was "no law written by man which contradicts the laws of nature will stand the test of time".. I believe that.. I also believe that this condition we're seeing from our 'leaders' is indicative of that, and that it isn't by accident.. there is no fair.. there will never be.. there is only the opportunity to live fair in your mind and in YOUR actions.. lead from the front.. If more people were capable of doing this, there would not be near the issues- but so long as there are those with, and those without- this debate will continue, and it will lead to war, hate, pillaging, defending, animosity, and all other products of greed..

and it will continue while two seemingly opposing 'leaders' sit smugly enjoying the luxuries of life whilst planning their guise to perpetuate empty promises that those 'without' will swallow in order to hope for a better way to live.. so long as there are people at odds (and there always will be) there will be these smug 'opportunivors' exploiting the argument for their own benefit.. and so it goes..

live as free a life as you can... do what you gotta do... eff the silly shizen.. there is no exit but blackness..

Last edited by drewactual; 02-27-2012 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by drewactual
the 'game of thrones' is actually quite simple at it's core...

two seemingly opposing politicians sit smugly in lavish quarters, enjoying their Cuban cigars (us lowly peasants can't legally own) sipping their 70 year old cognac (peasants will never see), with sides of prized Russian caviar sitting closely- all while their drivers and personal assistants wait for the conclusion- they find that even mentioning the lowly life form they 'lead' distasteful... they are in cahoots, always have been, and will continue to distract the peasants with their seemingly opposing and public relations, whilst continuing to enjoy the lifestyle they jealously defend with extreme prejudice at the cost of the many..

until that lifestyle is threatened, they will continue to do what they want..

until our lifestyle is threatened, we'll let them.. we've been disillusioned- ALL of us.. disillusioned into believing there is any honor on that hill, and also disillusioned that it can be any other way..

what I'm trying to say is this: the extreme left, in theory- believes that all people should be equal... the extreme right believes in survival of the fittest.. it is a circle, it isn't linear- it all comes back around to chaos no matter what direction you take.. we're each somewhere in between in ideals, but rarely one extreme or the other.. if you've 'got it', you will hang onto it just like they do- if you don't 'got it', you will attempt to 'get it' or 'part of it' however you can while still being able to live with yourself..

those oligarchical types, that are leading this WORLD (not only nation) have long past the point of seeing anything but protecting their realm.. there is only one way to 'right' things, and that isn't pretty... and, all it will do is temporarily redistribute the power.. and we'll be back to where we are now in short order..

the most profound thing I've ever read was "no law written by man which contradicts the laws of nature will stand the test of time".. I believe that.. I also believe that this condition we're seeing from our 'leaders' is indicative of that, and that it isn't by accident.. there is no fair.. there will never be.. there is only the opportunity to live fair in your mind and in YOUR actions.. lead from the front.. If more people were capable of doing this, there would not be near the issues- but so long as there are those with, and those without- this debate will continue, and it will lead to war, hate, pillaging, defending, animosity, and all other products of greed..

and it will continue while two seemingly opposing 'leaders' sit smugly enjoying the luxuries of life whilst planning their guise to perpetuate empty promises that those 'without' will swallow in order to hope for a better way to live.. so long as there are people at odds (and there always will be) there will be these smug 'opportunivors' exploiting the argument for their own benefit.. and so it goes..

live as free a life as you can... do what you gotta do... eff the silly shizen.. there is no exit but blackness..

POWER TO THE PEOPLE! Kill the Grand Pubah!

Old 02-27-2012, 02:51 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 02-27-2012 at 02:55 PM.
Old 02-27-2012, 03:07 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by drewactual
Amen, Brother.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread