2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 10:33 AM
Nereaga
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Since we're still on this topic, anyone else tired of hearing that if "God" was allowed in schools that stuff like this wouldn't happen?
Oh please, only people saying that are the religious nuts in the world. Not gonna do a damn thing to help, sorry to bust their bubble lol

Old 12-15-2012, 10:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

I am not exactly sure when the favorite form of suicide became "see how many you can take with you before the cops kill you.".... perhaps the guy in the tower.... This WILL happen again. Doesn't matter what we do. Bear in mind, I agree that we should do everything we can to prevent it. One thing that I think would go a long way towards prevention would be to allow the school staff to carry. (properly trained/licensed) These kids go to schools to do their thing, simply because they know no one else there is armed.....

Old 12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
Nereaga
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I am not exactly sure when the favorite form of suicide became "see how many you can take with you before the cops kill you.".... perhaps the guy in the tower.... This WILL happen again. Doesn't matter what we do. Bear in mind, I agree that we should do everything we can to prevent it. One thing that I think would go a long way towards prevention would be to allow the school staff to carry. (properly trained/licensed) These kids go to schools to do their thing, simply because they know no one else there is armed.....
Now we are talking, agree whole heartily. If your unhappy with your life that you yourself created, take your life and call it a day. Don't take 20 god damn kids with you. Man this is really sickening that we even have to talk about this ****.

Family values are gone at home...

Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know about Pennsylvania but the resource officers at my high school were real Sheriffs deputies (there is only one Sheriff, everyone else is a deputy). The high school deal is an assignment just like when they get assigned to serve subpenas, work the courthouse, patrol or whatever. They could throw you in handcuffs, read you your rights and take you directly to jail. If it came down to it they could shoot you too.

Old 12-15-2012, 11:27 AM
dlyter09
Champion

Mostly all the schools around here are like that to. The resource officers are either township or state police

Old 12-15-2012, 12:22 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Rather than derailing this thread with a discussion of recent events, why don't you guys take it here --> Off Topic

Old 12-15-2012, 01:09 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would just like to point out that if every teacher and faculty staff was packing heat in every school there wouldn't have been near the amount of fatalities, if the incident would have occured at all.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:29 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

I know my High School Math teacher kept a pistol in his desk. Very few people knew about it, only me, 2 other students, and 2 other teachers. I didn't have a problem with it. My high school was very small, only about 20-35 kids per graduating class. Half of the guys who went to my school kept Rifles and pistols in their vehicles at all times too, so at any given time during school hours, at my high school, there was always at least 10 guns on school grounds.

Old 12-15-2012, 01:39 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Guys can we get back to wtf stuff instead of beating this shooting thing to death? There is a place for such discussions and it is not here. Thanks.

Old 12-15-2012, 03:28 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

here's one for the thread

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread