2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2013, 05:17 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You bet it works. It's just when you get it down into your lungs...

Another use for vinegar: To bring down fevers. Put a little in a quart of water and some honey. Drink it! Works really well. I know from lots of experience as when I get fevers I get pretty high.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by blindsided
I've done that to a few bicycles that wouldn't GTFO of my way

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Dumb question, how do they make it do that? ^^
usually a tuned pump for older 12v's or a fueling box/programmer for newer trucks

Originally Posted by blindsided
Dunno, been driving heavy/medium/light duty diesels since the early 80's and never had one smoke like that... admittedly never drove a Cummins.
if you've never seen a diesel smoke, you have never driven a performance tuned diesel.

stock are drastically detuned from their potential output to meet emissions standards as well as meet power restrictions for longevity of drivetrain parts. (dodge especially as their transmissions can't hold up to even full stock power of the ISB motor they run, so they detune them beyond fleet standards to make dodge junk last longer... (they detune from 275-300hp cummins spec down to 235-245hp dodge spec. for the ISB in particular which is the motor in my truck)

Originally Posted by stewie01
Guess that's cause a real diesel doesn't smoke
all diesels will smoke if you get rid of the emissions garbage and tune the pumps.

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Just seems that is something that is terribly bad for an engine. Cause I dont understand diesels, but if a gasser was doing that something is way wrong....ok, back on topic.
its not harmful unless you let EGT's get out of control. diesels are polar opposites of gasolines..

too much fuel in a diesel is dangerous as it builds more and more heat and more and more pressure. it does not put the fire out or flood it. good luck flooding a diesel...its not going to happen unless the injector breaks on a common rail. if that happens, it will cause a runaway, and a cylinder melt down.

too much fuel in a gasoline just cools the engine down, wastes fuel and usually floods it and fouls out plugs.

theres no plug to foul out in a diesel. too lean for a gasoline is dangerous as heat drastically rises. in a diesel running lean means running clean and cool. diesels can actually have forced induction at idle and still run perfectly normal.

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Black smoke = too much fuel.

Grey smoke = too much air.

Mine pukes black if you stand on it in a higher gear before it's in the boost, but when the boost hits it burns completely clean. With mechanical injection there's not a ton one can do about it.

Believe it or not that guy isn't pushing an excessive amount of fuel. There are guys who can black out 4 lanes with their smoke... Pretty dumb IMO.

too much air?!!! no such thing in a diesel

mine has 65psi and I need MORE AIR!!! particularly at low rpm/idle.. supercharger would fit the bill set up for 5psi boost at idle and once the charger maxes out bypass to the twins to carry boost up higher. should clean up almost all of my smoke.

and hey, its not like we are all trying to black out 4 lanes of road with smoke...just happens when we floor it...though I do try when some A-hole is tailgating me. usually works to get them to back off

example: (this is actually my truck)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQcowHPC8Cs

shows that the smoke does clean up when the turbos spool, but before they do it pukes out black smoke

Old 01-07-2013, 05:45 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peruvian Marching powder eh?

Old 01-07-2013, 05:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

all this gibberish has given me an ear infection. you guys suck. 10 days of antibiotics every 8 hours.

Old 01-07-2013, 05:56 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Eeeks... Sorta like breathing in Vinegar by accident?
If she's douching that close to fun time she probably needs it, and if she needs it then by golly I don't. So that's never happened to me.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:00 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He messed with the wrong old white guy, action starts at 1:40

Old 01-07-2013, 06:05 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
all this gibberish has given me an ear infection. you guys suck. 10 days of antibiotics every 8 hours.
Did you get the bubble gum flavored amoxicillin?

Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Peruvian Marching powder eh?
It's the quickest cure I know for having more money than brains!

Old 01-07-2013, 06:14 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Every day, I see that dodge∩dude94 is postwhoring like no tomorrow. And each day, my reactions is, "WTF???"
+1 to that.

Old 01-07-2013, 06:18 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Did you get the bubble gum flavored amoxicillin?
didn't know there was such a thing. i got pills.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread