2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
So yes I am saying cannabis (AMCKA {also more commonly known as} Marijuana) is dangerous.
Dude, methane is toxic. Pull your head out before permanent brain damage is done.

Aside from the increased risk of emphysema due to long term smoking of it, cannabis is really very benign stuff. The LD50 is far greater than anyone could ingest by any means, and there is not one confirmed marijuana overdose death in the history of the world. If you go really insane at it, you might succeed in getting yourself paranoia and a rapid heartbeat. Or a really nice nap.

Your risk of myocardial infarction (heart attack) goes up by about 50% for the first half hour after smoking pot, same as it does if you smoke a tobacco cigarette or linger too long in the smoke of your wood stove. It's the carbon monoxide that does it, not the pot, tobacco, or firewood itself. Your risk of heart attack quadruples from shoveling the snow off of your driveway or fighting with your spouse and remains elevated for an hour afterward.

Drug dealers? Those are people, not marijuana, and if they're dangerous it's because they're criminals. I've never heard of anyone being injured in the process of buying cannabis from a legal dispensary, though I guess it's possible that someone walked into a door or something. Liquor store owners don't just randomly shoot their customers, but there was a lot of violence associated with the Prohibition Era -- if not for the 18th Amendment you'd never have heard of Al Capone. Or the Bush family of White House fame. I have never felt threatened in the least when scoring black market weed, a thing I've done from time to time since 1976. But then, I don't hang around with skeezy mufkers.

It's a topic open for debate, surely, but I don't consider cannabis a drug in the same way I don't consider basil or garlic drugs. Basil can deliver a nice mellow buzz, and garlic is a terrific antimicrobial, but neither are drugs. Various members of the Pedicularis genus, also known as wood betony or lousewort, deliver a high every bit as stony as cannabis, but no one considers them to be drugs. And neither is cannabis. It's just a plant.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:00 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know about you guys.. But when I fire up the Prius and go for a drive I have women flocking to me.. Sometimes I have to fight them off with a broom..

Old 01-11-2013, 06:02 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Jigabop
we are allowed to have something like an ounce for personal use, and before it was even legal they completely decriminalized it here and made it the absolute lowest priority for police officers, as in jaywalking was higher priority than someone smoking weed (before it was legal) so cops were basically told to stop enforcing no weed as there was really nothing they could charge you with.
Here in Colorado, before Amendment 64, pot was decriminalized -- (adult) possession of an ounce or less was an infraction, like a traffic ticket, with a maximum fine of a hundred bucks. No arrest, no jail time, no criminal record. To get popped for the infraction you pretty much had to **** off a cop.

Now: Up to one ounce in possession out in the world is legal, and you can grow up to six plants with only three of them being mature at the same time. You can have as much homegrown as you want but it has to stay where you grew it, and you can't sell it. You can, though, give it away in quantities up to an ounce -- and that restriction is in place only because the guy you give it to can't possess quantities of more than an ounce. But if you give an ounce each to four guys who leave in the same car, as long as each of them holds his own, no worries.

And of course there's some very small risk that the federales will want to protect their markets like any other black marketeer and bust you for it.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:05 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

techningeer might like this, my grandparents old horse Hawk:

Old 01-11-2013, 06:13 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by dlyter09
I dont know about you guys.. But when I fire up the Prius and go for a drive I have women flocking to me.. Sometimes I have to fight them off with a broom..

Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
baileysoffroad
Veteran

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Sooooo uhhhhhh...... You must not get very much attention from chicks?
If that thought makes you feel better about yourself you can keep on believing it...I try not to pay to much attention ever since I married one of em.

Now the focus is on being a good Dad and a better husband.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:36 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Video dont work.. But either way that is a funny scene.. I was drag racing.. In a prius?? I lose alot.

Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 PM
stewie01
Legend

Chromium in xUbuntu sucks

Old 01-11-2013, 07:03 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
I hate CrapEx.

Go Brown.
unfortunately i have had worse experiences with ups than i have had with FedEx. ups package shows up and cost me an extra $50 to get my package on top of the $30 i already payed for shipping where FedEx shows up, gives me my package and leaves. no money leaves my pocket when the FedEx guy shows up and packages are usually large enough i get an extra minute or 2 to get to the door even though i am usually waiting there for him.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:09 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by baileysoffroad
I try not to pay to much attention ever since I married one of em.
Only one? Man, you're not trying hard enough!

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread