2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 12:29 AM
97tn4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah that **** is nasty lol

Old 01-24-2013, 04:25 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 01-24-2013, 09:15 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why does the world keep these people around?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/23/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1

Old 01-24-2013, 09:20 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,266 Likes on 3,013 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Why does the world keep these people around?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/23/world/...html?hpt=hp_t1
I always wondered about that myself.... I mean, seriously, here is a country that has TESTED nuclear weapons (although, not precisely 'successful'), has tested long-range missiles, and has announced they are going to be targeting the US, and our allies..... but, I don't hear anyone calling for a war against north korea?

Iran, on the other hand.... is enriching fissile materials for a nuclear program we know they have. (power plants and such), they have NOT tested a weapon, and have maintained all along that they are NOT working on weaponizing their program. There is zero HARD evidence that they are even considering a nuclear weapon, yet, all the war-mongers are up in arms screaming about how we should go to war there?

Seriously? WTF????

Old 01-24-2013, 09:27 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnny2Bad
I've got a good WTF for you.

Today, in my PT Cruiser, I set a Land Speed Record. Approximately 600 MPH. And I did it on about 2 gallons of gas, and all within the city limits on public roads.

Got into my car this morning, was on E the other day so I added six gallons at the local gas store. I prefer to fill up at Costco since it's about 35c a US gallon cheaper than anywhere else.

Trip Odometer, which I reset every time I add gas, so I can keep track of mileage, was at 40 km.

Did a few errands, and was driving along, you know, like normal people do, I keep my eyes on the road but when traffic allows, do a gauge scan.

Odometer is reading 300+ km.

Do another errand, and now I'm really watching the odometer whenever I can. I'm spinning the odo so fast, it can't even move in tenths ... it's jumping 2 and 3 tenths at a time.

I hit the button to go to the main reading, yep, it's moving like crazy. Spun 7 km in one city block.

I figure it's reading 30x what I'm actually covering in distance.

Total for the day ... about an hour's driving, all in the city ... 1083 km. About 600 miles.

I'm trying to decide if I should fix it right away (whatever the problem is; this is a new one to me) or maybe see if I can get a hot deal on a new one when I drive into the dealer's lot with a million km on the clock, in about a year.
I once bought a '66 Biscayne station wagon for $50.00. I bought it in the spring and replaced the 2 speed transmission in it then proceeded to drive the hell out of it. Only low gear worked in the power glide when I got the car. No reverse or high gear. It was a pig on mileage driving around in low all the time. It had the 283 V8 so it was nothing spectacular but it got decent mileage {with the different transmission in it} for such a big vehicle.

It ran decently and I could haul a lot of stuff or people with it. When the cold weather came the speedometer would make a strange noise and read erratically until things warmed up. While it was making the weird noise it would also clock lots of miles on the odometer. I wasn't particularly worried about the excess miles but I did wonder if it was something in my junk yard transmission that was causing the problem or if it was the speedo cable or the speedometer itself.

I disconnected the cable from the back of the speedometer and packed it with grease. If anything this seemed to make it worse. Over the summer it got better but would still, on a cold morning, make some noise.

The next spring when I was on a trip to the junk yard for other parts there was a '66 Biscayne 2 door sedan sitting there so I snabbed the speedometer and cable from that. I didn't get around to putting it in my car until after the weather turned cold again. Just didn't think of it I guess. Once I put the different speedometer in the noise and weirdness stopped.

I drove the car for an additional 80,000 miles with just regular maintenance. Of course I was always buying used tires for it so I went through a lot of those. Only did the breaks on it once.

I am pretty sure the speedometer in your PT Cruiser is all electronic and there is no actual speedometer cable in it. My HHR has that. Something must be affecting the electronics in the thing. Could be the sender on the transmission.

Last edited by tired old man; 01-24-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:13 AM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Politics. That's all. IMHO I think Barack wants to destroy America and make it Muslim/Communist. (No offense meant to anybody). I could very easily be wrong on that so I won't argue my thoughts or hold it hard and fast. So don't rant on me...

It got cold out... 10* outside. Brrr. Sposed to be 40 tomorrow, let's hope so. the internet has gone flakes too... And 3 hard drives failed on the server, three are being sent too...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:16 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

North Korea is a little pissant.
We've had problems with the Iranians since the 70's.

And I don't think Obama wants to turn the US into an Islamic republic, I think he's be much more happy as a fascist dicator.

ANYWAY!
tech, get your *** back to work on that damn 5 speed conversion!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:27 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone here know anything about Monitor Stoves? Specifically the GF 500 propane monitor stove...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:57 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I always wondered about that myself.... I mean, seriously, here is a country that has TESTED nuclear weapons (although, not precisely 'successful'), has tested long-range missiles, and has announced they are going to be targeting the US, and our allies..... but, I don't hear anyone calling for a war against north korea?

Iran, on the other hand.... is enriching fissile materials for a nuclear program we know they have. (power plants and such), they have NOT tested a weapon, and have maintained all along that they are NOT working on weaponizing their program. There is zero HARD evidence that they are even considering a nuclear weapon, yet, all the war-mongers are up in arms screaming about how we should go to war there?

Seriously? WTF????
NK can't seem to pur p!ss out of a bottle. They are rattling their plastic swords for self relavance....

Originally Posted by techningeer
^^ Politics. That's all. IMHO I think Barack wants to destroy America and make it Muslim/Communist....
Muslim? Communist? How about corporatist? Even the Cold War LIES about the Commies were more lies than facts. Kind of like the WMD issue in Iraq. O is more Centrislt than left, it is just that some on the right have gone extreme right. Oh, and I am a registered Republican.....before anyone twists off. But I am also well schooled in politics and public policy...

Originally Posted by dodge dude94

And I don't think Obama wants to turn the US into an Islamic republic, I think he's be much more happy as a fascist dicator.

And our problems with Iran started in the 50's when our CIA and British Intelligence (or lack thereof) decided to overthrow their democratically electric and popular government, and we set up the Shah of Iran to rule....because this puppet agrees that he would give us their oil. See, the problem is, they have generational memory and we do not. And we never ask why they hate us....because we want to believe that ignorance is bliss, and that we have the god given right to impose our will anywhere int he world. And facism is military supported corporate governance.

Originally Posted by stewie01
Anyone here know anything about Monitor Stoves? Specifically the GF 500 propane monitor stove...

PM me your e-mail address and I can send a manual to you....

Last edited by gdstock; 01-24-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94

ANYWAY!
tech, get your *** back to work on that damn 5 speed conversion!
dodge dude94, I AM working on the 5spd conversion! If you could get me a shift lever and tranny mount, I could keep working on it...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread