2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 02:46 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they usually go off ABS tone rings to determine speed.

like our dodges use the ABS sensor in the rear end to determine vehicle speed.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
they usually go off ABS tone rings to determine speed.

like our dodges use the ABS sensor in the rear end to determine vehicle speed.
Only on the 98 and newer trucks. Older ones used the VSS driven by a gear from the output shaft of the trans/t-case.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
The next time I hit up the liquor store, I will snap pics of the tequila in stock. There were so many options I couldn't even begin to describe them. I do remember some Blanco style for under $25/bottle. There were also some gold and blue agave style as well. I don't think they had Sammy Hagar's (former brand) Mas Tequila, which I understand to have been one of the more superior brands.

My experience with tequila stems from my Navy days, when we'd tie one on before heading out on deployment. A buddy of mine would order up a couple of double shots when I wasn't looking and then I'd have to down it I just remember salt, shot, bite the lime. Yeeesh.

The best part about getting hammered before setting sail is that we'd feel so miserable the day we left port that the only thing we cared about was hitting the rack. By day #2 we felt great and were ready for business; whereas normally, we'd be feeling mopey & homesick the first few days out.
well if you want something to just pound back some shots on the cheap or mix it, hornitos blanco and reposado are both good for that. its a reasonable priced mid shelf tequila that wont give you a hangover. just avoid the super cheap stuff of any hard alcohols...unless you are throwing a party, then get 1/2 gal of the cheapest **** you can find and mix it with cheap mixer from costco!

but if you don't want a hangover, go for the mid shelf stuff.

tarantula azul is decent for bottom mid shelf... great chick drink too. its smooth and sweet. more of one of the sugary tequilas with artificial color (blue) when I say smooth for that, I mean it goes down reasonable and doesn't burn too bad.

makes chicks do naughty things

nothing will be as smooth as the top shelf stuff though...but you don't want to share that with chicks! unless they really have an appreciation for things like fine wines and top shelf liquors as its not something to drink to get drunk with, its more something for the taste and aroma.

hornitos and tarantula are the ones you drink to get drunk with I guess if you are just stupid rich/wealthy you can afford to drink top shelf stuff to get drunk with rather than keep it around a long while and have a sip here and there to just enjoy it as a taste of one of the finer things in life.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:45 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

^ I'm not looking for a cheap drunk or to get hammered. Life is too short to drink cheap beer, so I'd say the same goes for tequila. I want a quality drink.

Old 01-24-2013, 03:56 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I'm not looking for a cheap drunk or to get hammered. Life is too short to drink cheap beer, so I'd say the same goes for tequila. I want a quality drink.

Did you check the thread I posted?

Here is another: http://www.bluekitchen.net/tequila.html

My favorite while in NM was about $80+ a bottle. But cannot remember the brand. I keep Patron on hand.

Last edited by gdstock; 01-24-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:01 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by gdstock
Did you check the thread I posted?

Here is another: http://www.bluekitchen.net/tequila.html

My favorite while in NM was about $80+ a bottle. But cannot remember the brand. I keep Patron on hand.

I believe so, but I'll look at this one.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:10 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

I'll see your dog and raise you

lol.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:51 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Want a Car That Gets 117 mpg?

Tell us if you share this frustration. You pull into a gas station, hand over your life savings, fill the tank and - and for what? With gas in the United States averaging $3.31 per gallon this week and the average car getting about 27 mpg in regular driving, you'll just have to hand your life savings over again when you refill next week.

Some gas-electric hybrids can do better than 50 mpg, but not a lot of people own them. Though you spend less on gas, you generally spend more up front on the price of the car. Their batteries are heavy and expensive.

But what if someone offered you a car that could get up to 117 mpg in city driving? A car that would cost about $1,500 less than typical hybrids? It need not look like some pod from a Lady Gaga concert. When it's not running on gasoline, it uses … the air. There would be a sturdy tank of compressed air in the floor or trunk, recharged by the engine or the brakes.

Peugeot Citroen, the French automaker, has now shown off a prototype for such a system and claims on its website (in French) that it could start selling air-hybrid cars in Europe by 2016. The company, according to European news reports, says that on local streets, the cars would mostly run on compressed air, cutting gasoline use - and costs - by as much as 80 percent. The technology would start in existing subcompact models, the company said, but soon expand to include vehicles of all sizes.

" We are not talking about weird and wacky machines," a company spokesman was quoted as saying. "These are going to be in everyday cars."

Peugeot Citroen says it took on "the challenge of creating an environmentally friendly vehicle," and expects it would also save its customers money. It got some backing from the French government, which, like the U.S. government, is pushing automakers to get better fuel efficiency.

But will it be viable? Peugeot and Citroen, which joined forces in the 1970s, both pulled out of the U.S. market decades ago, and have been losing market share in Europe. It's important for them to look innovative.

So are they on to something big? Or is it just one more concept car that you will never see on the road?

Old 01-24-2013, 04:57 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

That powerstroke is towing hard... LOL.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'd get wet if it was raining!

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread