2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 01:49 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lucky you didn't break something.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:52 AM
Matt Nickerson
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^thats what I was thinking. I thought I might've ripped the driveshaft off the pinion yoke or something. Won't be doing that again.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:40 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Our 4WD has something like a 2" lift on the rear and nothing on the front ROFL... 'Least i think it is a lift, gonna have 2 post a pic sometime. It's def a high ride 4wd LOL..
I'm pretty sure the 4wd's are a bit higher in the front then the 2wd's....

Old 01-29-2013, 07:42 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just for vdub, the VW Superbowl Commercial:

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#...oney-recut.cnn

Old 01-29-2013, 10:17 AM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
I'm pretty sure the 4wd's are a bit higher in the front then the 2wd's....
Yah they are that's for sure. They have different springs.

However i noticed that the back of the truck sits higher than the front, and was VERY noticeable when we got the truck years ago. I know that the springs are worn on it and need replacing, but I also noticed a metal block under the springs in the rear that is not factory according to the 5 Dodge dealers I asked. I think that is correct as it also has a rubber axle/spring bumper. Like I said I will post pics sometime. My guess is someone stupid thought lifting the rear but not front would help with towing (and that wasn't us either)... Which if it truly is a lift removing it might really help with weight balancing, which is usually our worst enemy when towing with this truck, even when within rated towing capacity.

I'm listening to Chris de Burgh right now

Old 01-29-2013, 10:26 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Yah they are that's for sure. They have different springs.

However i noticed that the back of the truck sits higher than the front, and was VERY noticeable when we got the truck years ago. I know that the springs are worn on it and need replacing, but I also noticed a metal block under the springs in the rear that is not factory according to the 5 Dodge dealers I asked. I think that is correct as it also has a rubber axle/spring bumper. Like I said I will post pics sometime. My guess is someone stupid thought lifting the rear but not front would help with towing (and that wasn't us either)... Which if it truly is a lift removing it might really help with weight balancing, which is usually our worst enemy when towing with this truck, even when within rated towing capacity.

I'm listening to Chris de Burgh right now
The 4x4's have a factory 3in block under the springs. So whoever tells you that it's not factory needs to be shot.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:28 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
The 4x4's have a factory 3in block under the springs. So whoever tells you that it's not factory needs to be shot.
So what about the rubber spring bumper?

I'm learning that dealers are usually poor places for service. Dodge, Ford, Chevy. Unless you know the "big guys" there. Only exception is ONE John Deere dealer in our area.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:31 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

So what about the rubber spring bumper?

I'm learning that dealers are usually poor places for service. Dodge, Ford, Chevy. Unless you know the "big guys" there. Only exception is ONE John Deere dealer in our area.
I would need pictures but there should be a 3in block with a "leg" (for lack of a better term) hanging off the inside for use with the factory bump stops on the fram.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:28 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
I would need pictures but there should be a 3in block with a "leg" (for lack of a better term) hanging off the inside for use with the factory bump stops on the fram.
Sounds like what I have. Will post pic later.

US Cellular is getting annoying. Had trouble with my phone that is less than a year old . Took it in to the store and they couldn't even get it to turn on or unlock the screen!!!!! ROFL... The guy goes, Well that's NOT a bad battery. That's a defective phone....

so I have a loaner phone now. And the funny thing is, that all the loaner phones I have had ALWAYS work good! So I'll be using this loaner for a couple of weeks now....

Old 01-29-2013, 12:44 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Yup, I was stuck in that pic. Wanna know why? I was driving SLOW, playin and finally got stuck, you should have seen the hole I dug on the driver side rear. Only got stuck once in the pit, once I came off the side at an angle and caught the gas tank.

But my lil open diff 2wd does pretty damn good, if I do say so myself.

Least I'm brave enough to take my 2wd into the
mud and snow... Better then those lifted 4x4's that are 100% pavement trucks
As I recall you pussed out on making a beer run a week or so ago because it was snowing and you were afraid to take your 2wd out in it...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread