2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbGWgvJN1_8

lol can't believe people are stupid enough to buy crap like this....
Because they're idiots.....

Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
It is an attempt to bring consistancy to the subsections by differentiating the tech section from the non-tech sections, hopefully making it easier for noobs to post in the proper section. 2nd Gen Ram was called just that, while 3rd Gen Ram was called "3rd Gen Ram Tech", so all sections have been renamed the same thing for each generation. Trying to come up with a way to cut down the clutter and having to move so many threads posted in the wrong section. It's still a WIP.
If we're taking it this far, why not put sub-categories under the parts sale section. I don't look very often but when I do I end up having to search through parts for every dam vehicle.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:27 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^lol... Anything Amercanized generally can't compete with the British... Including turbo diesels :P.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This makes complete sense to me.

In any event, have the mods considered taking all the "gen discussion' type sections and just dumping into a single upper level one? That way there is a guranteed mix across the board. Right now...the 2nd Gen NON-Tech section is primarily 2nd Gen people with the occasional outcast.

Originally Posted by jkeaton
It is an attempt to bring consistancy to the subsections by differentiating the tech section from the non-tech sections, hopefully making it easier for noobs to post in the proper section. 2nd Gen Ram was called just that, while 3rd Gen Ram was called "3rd Gen Ram Tech", so all sections have been renamed the same thing for each generation. Trying to come up with a way to cut down the clutter and having to move so many threads posted in the wrong section. It's still a WIP.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:25 PM
Jigabop
Champion

maybe not in cars...but the cummins is a hard to beat engine in pickup trucks...

Old 04-03-2013, 06:38 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
This makes complete sense to me.

In any event, have the mods considered taking all the "gen discussion' type sections and just dumping into a single upper level one? That way there is a guranteed mix across the board. Right now...the 2nd Gen NON-Tech section is primarily 2nd Gen people with the occasional outcast.
I don't think that would work. Most of everything in the 2nd gen discussion in still related to the 2nd gen.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:41 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I like Nuckles idea...

Old 04-03-2013, 06:42 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Might be hard to beat in trucks, but doesn't say it ain't possible LOL...

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
pretty much anything the american have done any redneck could do in there backyard.
Originally Posted by beginningjockey
^lol... Anything Amercanized generally can't compete with the British... Including turbo diesels :P.
You guys are lame!

Old 04-03-2013, 07:01 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kejobe
I don't think that would work. Most of everything in the 2nd gen discussion in still related to the 2nd gen.
It's dependent on your POV/definition for the scope of the section. I'm fine with what it is...as it's GENERAL 2nd Gen Shiz (for the most part). Makes sense to me.

However, not everyone knows the difference (lazy or otherwise) between tech query or non. Some of the non-tech queries can still be put into the tech query pool. In the end....the mods determine the category (meat vs. fluff).

Lumping them all together would certainly generate a different set of results.

No matter what...old and new people will post in the wrong spot. The latter mostly b/c of not reading and unfamiliar with the "system of rage" here.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread