2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 04:01 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I've started re-installing my server

Old 04-06-2013, 06:35 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
No, jigabop did :P

Yesterday was quite the day. Came out and ALL 4 rear tires on the Ford - FLAT! After getting them all off, I pulled the drums off, and found on the one side I've got a leaking axle seal and the other has a leaking brake cylinder. So then I went to fill the tires, and guess what else happened - my air compressor died! So I had to borrow a neighbours air compressor. Now I'm on the search for a good air compressor...
Are you sure?

I referred to you as "techjockey" in a transmission post in rednecks transmission thread, I've yet to see the Jigabop reference.....

Old 04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Are you sure?

I referred to you as "techjockey" in a transmission post in rednecks transmission thread, I've yet to see the Jigabop reference.....
I didn't see your post, but I trust you . Probably jigabop used it after you did, cause that's all I saw (here in the gibberish thread).

I'm running KDE-SC 4.x on Debian 6.0.7 32-bit. Loving it! Getting everything installed.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
stewie01
Legend

^^ It's all good.

Anywho, I've had a "thumping" sound on the driver front side when the suspension is going up/down, I had previously taken off the shock to inspect (been making noise since then), so I figure I just didn't get the shock bolts tightened down enough, been attempting to torque them down some more but those bastards are tight, I can't tighten the bottom bolt at all, the top one will turn but it's turning the shock cover itself...

Is that right? I'd have to hold the shock cover to tighten the bolt anymore...

Old 04-06-2013, 08:24 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Live from my newly installed V I R T U A L desktop server . Super speedy - Currently 60MB/s disk throughput. Pretty good!

Edit: WTF happened? I typed a okay word and it blanks the dumb thing out...

Edit again: It keeps getting rid of the word V I R T U A L. without spaces of course.

Old 04-06-2013, 09:15 PM
stewie01
Legend

Old 04-06-2013, 11:31 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I picked up a '92 ford ranger the other day with a known slipping transmission, when I showed up to pick it up it wouldn't start, so I bought it for $300. After a full tune up she purrs like a kitten. I also replaced the belt, tensioner, and fuel pump out. I am now into it for $530 and wi be having the transmission rebuilt on Monday. When its all said and done ill have $1300 into it and hope to sell it for $2000 so I can put half of that back and the other half into my ram. That durn furd had the original plugs, wires, cap and rotor on it still, lol. When the seller asked me how i got it running and I told him he says "you can replace that stuff?" LOL

Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
I picked up a '92 ford ranger the other day with a known slipping transmission, when I showed up to pick it up it wouldn't start, so I bought it for $300. After a full tune up she purrs like a kitten. I also replaced the belt, tensioner, and fuel pump out. I am now into it for $530 and wi be having the transmission rebuilt on Monday. When its all said and done ill have $1300 into it and hope to sell it for $2000 so I can put half of that back and the other half into my ram. That durn furd had the original plugs, wires, cap and rotor on it still, lol. When the seller asked me how i got it running and I told him he says "you can replace that stuff?" LOL

Obviously - HE couldn't! His loss, your gain.

So you are in it for $530, and selling for $2000, leaves you $1470 to rebuild tranny and whatever profit. What about title transfer cost and tax? How cheap can you get tranny done on that? Is fluid burned?

Old 04-07-2013, 11:30 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 04-07-2013, 01:28 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
Obviously - HE couldn't! His loss, your gain.

So you are in it for $530, and selling for $2000, leaves you $1470 to rebuild tranny and whatever profit. What about title transfer cost and tax? How cheap can you get tranny done on that? Is fluid burned?

Fluid is burnt bad and i already pulled the pan to find 1/4" of clutch material and metal on the bottom of the pan. It would slip completely in first on any sort of incline. The transmisison rebuild is going to run me about $800 and i actually have it listed for $2200. Taxes wont cost me a dime since it was under $500, title is gonna run me about $27. So at worst if someone hassles me some ill still make $500 profit. At this point i only have about 6 hrs of labor into it.

On another note, i searched for a timing set for the ram today. I figured i might as well take the extra hour to replace it when i do the head. I also still need to get some head bolts, intake bolts, and gasket set. I know the intake bolts were actually reasonably priced at the dealer, what about the head bolts? I assuming that the factory ones are TTY for the head. Am i wrong? I have decided to buy a whole engine gasket kit from felpro.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread