2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:30 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
lol
Just tossing you some crap, that's all.

Ever figure out the tractor?
Not yet. Haven't had time. Should get to it tomorrow

Old 05-01-2013, 08:35 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
Not yet. Haven't had time. Should get to it tomorrow
Coolio. You'll get it fixed.

Speaking of mowers, my yards look like they almost need to be mowed again.

Old 05-01-2013, 09:41 PM
stewie01
Legend

So I read that the Bolivian President has ordered the expulsion of USAID from his country.

My grandfather did a lot of work for USAID. Bolivia was one of the country's he worked in...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/01/world/...html?hpt=hp_t2

Old 05-01-2013, 09:52 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Oh well, it's his country.

Old 05-02-2013, 02:22 AM
Jigabop
Champion

seems that my interwebs got a boost recently

Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by Jigabop
seems that my interwebs got a boost recently

Nah, looks the same as last time

Edit:

I hate when I spill oil on the exhaust, smells like burning ***

Last edited by stewie01; 05-02-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:27 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Edit:

I hate when I spill oil on the exhaust, smells like burning ***

Least it doesn't hurt like burning ***......

Old 05-02-2013, 10:29 AM
aofarrell2
Champion

@redneck:

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
how, and where? i want to do that when i get my 1 ton axles in!
So you are planning on doing the same thing as me, huh?

There isn't a whole lot of info out there on it, but it is possible.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer, and am not a replacement for one either. Do your research, I am only posting this as a helpful piece of information. I am not liable for ANYTHING, related of unrelated regardless of being incidental or consequential.

Disclaimer over, to the goodies

Here is the regulation (at the Federal level) that you are looking for:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-201...6-sec567-7.xml

It makes reference to another section, here is the link to that:

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CFR-201...6-sec567-4.pdf

Finally, while most states do not have any regulations on top of the Federal, some states do, so be sure to check with your DOT/MVD to see if there are any other regulations. I also highly recommend that, after your vehicle is recertified, to get it safety inspected at your DOT/DMV. This is usually done on commercial vehicles only, but they will do it on a non-commercial vehicle as well. It's just another safety net . Here's a link to the Iowa inspection sheet:

http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/omve/inspection.pdf

Also, keep in mind the CMV laws of your state. Here's a clipping from Iowa:

What trucks have to be inspected?
Any truck that is used in commerce and that has a gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR) or gross vehicle weight of more than 10,000 lbs. must be inspected. "In commerce" means the truck is used in the furtherance of a commercial enterprise, which includes farming operations.

Trucks used in a commerce that have a GVWR of 10,000 lbs. or less are not required to be inspected, unless they are used in combination with a trailer. If they are used in combination with a trailer, you have to consider the combined GVWR for the truck and trailer and whether the combined vehicle will be used only in Iowa or in Iowa and other states:

Used in Iowa only: If the combined vehicle is used only in Iowa (only in intrastate commerce), and the combined GVWR of the truck and trailer is 26,000 lbs. or less, the truck is exempt from the annual inspection requirements. This exception would include most pick-up trucks and trailers operating only in Iowa. Please check the GVWR of the truck and trailer to be sure.

If the combined GVWR of the truck and trailer is more than 26,000 pounds, the truck must be inspected annually, even though it is only used in Iowa and the GVWR of the truck alone is 10,000 pounds or less.

Used in other states: If the combined vehicle is used in other states (used In interstate commerce), the truck must be inspected annually if the combined GVWR of the truck and trailer is more than 10,000 pounds, even though the GVWR of the truck alone is 10,000 pounds or less.
Also note in Iowa, if your combined GVWR is over 26,000 pounds, a CDL is required.

Hope this helps . Be sure to have read the disclaimer too.

Old 05-02-2013, 11:02 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

And the latest from the fertilizer plant explosion - over 1350 times what they reported on hand? WTF?

West Fertilizer Co. Failed To Disclose Explosive Substances to DHS
Posted: 01 May 2013 06:00 PM PDT

The fertilizer plant that exploded on in West, Texas in April, wiping out part of a small Texas town and killing at least 14 people, had last year been storing 1,350 times the amount of ammonium nitrate that would normally trigger safety oversight by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
And while state regulatory officials were aware (assuming they read the filings from the fertilizer plant) of the massive quantity of ammonium nitrate and anhydrous being stored at West Fertilizer, it wasn't their job to notify the DHS.
McClatchy reports:
A 2006 permit application to the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality noted the facility had the capacity to process up to 2,400 tons of ammonium nitrate. In 2012, West Fertilizer informed the Texas Department of State Health Services that 270 tons of ammonium nitrate and 55 tons of anhydrous were on hand at the facility.
Those figures never went reported - state officials were not required to do so - to the federal Department of Homeland Security, which has kept a database of fertilizer storage spots following the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing. In that attack, which killed 168, Timothy McVeigh and Terry Nichols constructed a bomb using roughly 5,000 pounds of ammonium nitrate fertilizer.
Under Homeland Security rules, fertilizer facilities must report their quantities when they have at least 400 pounds of ammonium nitrate. The 270 tons West Fertilizer reported to the Department of State Health Services is 1,350 times that amount.
One of the firefighters who died in the explosion was a company foreman, and a spokeswoman for the State Fire Marshal's Office, the lead state agency in the investigation, told the American-Statesman Monday that the West Fire Department had a copy of an annually filed report, known as a Tier II report, that lists hazardous materials at an industrial site - including the ammonium nitrate.
But whether individual firefighters knew about the ammonium nitrate remains an open question. If they had, they might have stood down instead of attacking the fire - as firefighters did during a fire at a fertilizer site on the outskirts of Bryan in Brazos County in 2009. Water can exacerbate conditions around ammonium nitrate.
In that incident, sparks from a welder's torch probably led to the fire, said Chuck Frazier, emergency management coordinator for Brazos County.
Having consulted a report detailing hazardous supplies and their quantities, the firefighters chose to evacuate much of Bryan and allow the fire to burn itself out, Frazier said. "We were fortunate not to have an explosion."
The U.S. Occupational and Safety Health Administration (OSHA) last investigated West Fertilizer in 1985. Inspections are based in part on the level of risk that plants like West Fertilizer report to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
But because West Fertilizer's federal risk management plan didn't mention the risk of fire or explosion, West Fertilizer was not a priority for OSHA.
A U.S. Senate panel will probe the West Fertilizer Plant explosion. Senator Barbara Boxer the head of the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee, said the panel will hold a hearing "in the near future" on the disaster and will probe whether there are any gaps in the enforcement of U.S. chemical safety laws.
"I cannot rest until we get to the bottom of what caused the disaster in West, Texas and the tragic loss of life," Boxer said in a statement. "It is critical that we find out how this happened."

Old 05-02-2013, 11:38 AM
Jigabop
Champion

there is one of my old ones and what it used to be at home...

definitely a decent increase

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread