2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Audio Equipment Help, Just Ask Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmBoy428
Fold out monitors are awesome, I had a Pioneer AVH-P5200BT in my dads 1994 Honda Accord, until someone stole it. And they can get a bit pricey.
But I found one that has a some good features and stuff along with it.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...r+SD-900W.html

Here are the 6x9's
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ch+P1692S.html

I don't know what your budget range is.
Hope I helped.
Valor? Who in the hell is making those now? Jeez. You are going to get flamed if you start recommending parts like that... Fosgate for speakers? Really? Their Subs are "meh" ok, but their door and wall speakers sound just about like Sony.

This quoted text is standing proof that if you can't take the time or the money to build a system the right way, then you need to hold off and keep saving up for at least some decent entry range materials.

Old 08-11-2010, 10:48 PM
JRob238
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FarmBoy428
Okay, like I said before and your misconception of not reading is that " A 2 Gauge Wire Will Not Fit In My Amp, And The Kit Came With It In Case My Amp Couldn't Use 2 Gauge Wire, So It also Had About 10ft Of 6 Gauge, And Came With A Splitter. So That Is Why I Use A Splitter. "

Now do you understand?
If not then I don't know what the F*ck to tell you.
I understand what your saying but if the amp will not fit 2guage wire its for a reason. Running that much power to a low end amp will FRY the amp. Trust me

or just call your "boy" steve mead im sure he will tell you the same.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:23 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

Getcha popcorn ready lol

Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
JRob238
Professional

haha already munching

Old 08-12-2010, 12:38 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

The biggest theme here is know your brands, know your models.

For head units, the best name brands are usually Pioneer and Alpine. Not that other brand names don't make good units, I just hear many pros talk about those two brands. Alpine if you want a full out, no stops system (if $$$ isn't an object) with amps, subs, component speakers, etc. etc. and Pioneer if you want a low-end to medium end setup.

If its a no-name brand, they probably don't even make their own stuff (rebranded), or they make it so cheaply I wouldn't want to touch it with a ten foot pole.

Picking out a head unit is kind of like picking out a motherboard for a new computer. You don't want it to be cheaply made, as it is what ties all your parts together. You could spend a million bucks on parts, and if you cheap out on the deck, you'll end up with problems, or crappy audio. What I usually do is spend decent money on the crucial parts, like a head unit, and if I can't afford the nice speakers I want after that, I wait and save or get some mediocre speakers to get me by.

And if you don't know what you are doing, don't be afraid to admit it and get someone to do a professional install for you. Best Buy will do it fairly inexpensively (relatively speaking), they offer a nice guarantee on their work (1 year), and you have someone large and very targetable to go after if you feel they screwed something up.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:55 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Another thing you need to think about when buying a head unit is "can I blindly operate this while cruising down the road at 70 MPH?". In terms of quality, the big names are all pretty well equal right now, but the sole winning factor is Pioneer's simplified navigation through their head units. If I switch from rock to say some of my Electronic or other heavy bass focused music, I can effectively go through and change my high pass over filters, woofer frequency, and gain blindly. I don't even need to take my eyes off the road once.

I have used/installed just about every major brand of headunit out on the market today, and from my time invested in messing with them, I can confidently claim that the three major brands I would pick are:

1. Pioneer
2. Alpine
3. Eclipse

In my eyes, they seem to offer the best of all aspects when it comes to quality, features, and design. (Yes, I know Eclipse is leaving the car audio market)

Jason just spoke a lot of truth when it comes to a H/U and future buyers should take interest in his post.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:40 AM
CappinHoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

See now I am officially confused. I want a system, but am very clueless to car audio.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:48 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by CappinHoff
See now I am officially confused. I want a system, but am very clueless to car audio.
Ok, what are you confused about?

I do apologize for the confusion you find in this thread, but someone needed a talking to and they don't return PMs.

Old 08-12-2010, 06:58 AM
CappinHoff
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Laramie1997
Ok, what are you confused about?

I do apologize for the confusion you find in this thread, but someone needed a talking to and they don't return PMs.
Basically anything related to car audio. I've been looking to get a new H/U, speakers, amp etc etc.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:04 PM
redneckrocket38
Professional

Originally Posted by JRob238

or just call your "boy" steve mead im sure he will tell you the same.
I dont know if anybody knows who Steve Mead is, but he would laugh in this kids face for talking about Valor and Rockford junk. He plays with big boy systems like R.E. audio and other big name equipment. He is a true professional and audio guru, not just some kid who thinks he knows all....End of rant.

Quick Reply: Audio Equipment Help, Just Ask Questions.