2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I am a jerk

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Caution
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Turning off the injectors would cause the engine to stop running..... Injectors also have a MINIMUM flow rate. If that rate is greater than what is required for correct mixture at low RPM, you WILL run rich. No tuner in the world can fix that. That is why we have injectors with various flow rates. If it was a 'one size works for all', there would be no reason to HAVE different rates.
Thats why they call it custom tuning. 1 size can fit all if you like. ALL WAYS best to run a larger injector and cut it back.

http://www.youtube.com/user/KRCPerfo...05/UV0C4XoMV9U

Dont have to believe the NEW GUY but this guy seems to know his stuff.

How does the boosted guys run 60's ? There not all ways into the boost at idle,cruise ect. 2bar map 1/2-1/3 of the resolution changes them 60's to 30's or 24's.

Last edited by jasonw; 01-03-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Edited out inflammatory content.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:02 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Caution
Thats why they call it custom tuning. 1 size can fit all if you like. ALL WAYS best to run a larger injector and cut it back.

How does the boosted guys run 60's ? There not all ways into the boost at idle,cruise ect. 2bar map 1/2-1/3 of the resolution changes them 60's to 30's 0r 24's.
While you are right in a way. When I built my engine for my Ram, Hemifever told me to use 24's not the 30's I had laying around. He said it would be easier to tune for the 24's.

So yes you can go big but it's not always recommended

Last edited by jasonw; 01-03-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Edited out inflammatory content in quote.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:11 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

How does the boosted guys run 60's ? There not all ways into the boost at idle,cruise ect. 2bar map 1/2-1/3 of the resolution changes them 60's to 30's 0r 24's.
The vid does NOT support your argument.

The boosted guys also run adjustable fuel pressure regulators. (which is another way to 'fine tune' your injectors.) Using a vacuum (pressure) signal to alter fuel pressure will change the effective flow rate of the injector. Of course, these guys spend some serious dollars to have the ability to do so.

On the doge trucks, the fuel pressure is NOT vacuum modulated, you get line pressure ALL the time. So using that particular method is not workable, without serious alterations to how the fuel system works.

Quite simply, if an injector pumps out more gas at minimum pulse width, than the engine needs, you will run rich. End of story. If you run a fixed pressure system, such as found in the dodge trucks, there is NO way to correct that.

Last edited by jasonw; 01-03-2011 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Edited out inflammatory content in quote.
Old 01-02-2011, 04:21 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

it's actually easier to tune with a non adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I was planing on getting one for my stang and was told not to. It helps keep the variables down making tuning easier

Old 01-02-2011, 04:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
it's actually easier to tune with a non adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I was planing on getting one for my stang and was told not to. It helps keep the variables down making tuning easier
One less variable to contend with. I agree.

in some cases though, boost, for instance..... being able to expand the 'useful range' of your injectors is sometimes easier than other methods. (extra injectors, or, whathaveyou.)

Old 01-02-2011, 04:29 PM
Caution
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HeyYou;2367903The vid does NOT support your argument.

The boosted guys also run adjustable fuel pressure regulators. (which is another way to 'fine tune' your injectors.) Using a vacuum (pressure) signal to alter fuel pressure will change the effective flow rate of the injector. Of course, these guys spend some serious dollars to have the ability to do so.
FMU is not required with SCT. SCT only requires a 2bar map(replaces 1bar oem)and larger injectors. ALL FACTORY fueling (other then injectors)will be used.

On the doge trucks, the fuel pressure is NOT vacuum modulated, you get line pressure ALL the time. So using that particular method is not workable, without serious alterations to how the fuel system works.

Quite simply, if an injector pumps out more gas at minimum pulse width, than the engine needs, you will run rich. End of story. If you run a fixed pressure system, such as found in the dodge trucks, there is NO way to correct that.
CLUELESS about EFI tuning.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

FMU is not required with SCT. SCT only requires a 2bar map(replaces 1bar oem)and larger injectors. ALL FACTORY fueling (other then injectors)will be used.

CLUELESS about EFI tuning.

Right back at ya there Caution.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:59 PM
matty675
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha caution seems to know all

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Never argue with Ford Fanatics. They know everfkin' thing. Including the things they never bothered to learn.
I hope your not referring to me with that too

Old 01-02-2011, 09:50 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Never argue with Ford Fanatics. They know everfkin' thing. Including the things they never bothered to learn.

Quick Reply: I am a jerk