2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

We are screwed

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:36 PM
bigjohnellinas
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry We are screwed

So im sure other people have seen this too, but i just found out ford put a ecoboost engine in there f150 with 420ftlbs WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! 420 ftlbs on a v6 turbo that is all bad.
So that means anyone who gets the 2011 f150 can put a turbo on there v8's legally now

I dont know about you guys but all i can say is REALLY

How is anyone supposed to even keep up with legal upgrades (still able to smog it) when from factory the f150 has more power right off the bat. no i dont know 0-60 or anything of that sorts but still power rating says alot.
We need dodge to make another sport truck worth while, not this new R/T ram that has no additional power in the 5.7.

Old 01-17-2011, 12:58 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

So im sure other people have seen this too, but i just found out ford put a ecoboost engine in there f150 with 420ftlbs WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! 420 ftlbs on a v6 turbo that is all bad.
No it isnt. That is great.
So that means anyone who gets the 2011 f150 can put a turbo on there v8's legally now
I dont know how (what you are saying) works, but in case you havent noticed, people have been doing that forever.

Old 01-17-2011, 06:58 PM
lane
Veteran

Originally Posted by bigjohnellinas

I dont know about you guys but all i can say is REALLY

How is anyone supposed to even keep up with legal upgrades (still able to smog it) when from factory the f150 has more power right off the bat. no i dont know 0-60 or anything of that sorts but still power rating says alot.
We need dodge to make another sport truck worth while, not this new R/T ram that has no additional power in the 5.7.
Dodge doesn't need a new sport truck to compete with the 3.5 ecoboost, it needs a motor with comparable HP and MPG to put in half tons. Besides give it a little time and see if it has any bugs... Might be a total lemon.

Old 01-17-2011, 07:58 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know I like to go fast and have fun but I think, half the fun is being able to do some mods yourself....the problem with the ecoboost is they are already pretty much tuned out and will take more serious upgrades to get more power, our trucks to keep up will just need a SC thrown on

Old 01-18-2011, 01:32 AM
97ramlv
Rookie

my dad works for a a concept/prototype company and he got to take the ecoboost home but damnn that truck is fast and runs good the turbo is on the sides of the motor i own a 2nd gen ram 5.2 starting to fix on.

Old 01-18-2011, 09:52 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

regardless of what ford puts out, i will never own one...again

Ford=Junk IMO (sry laramie)

Old 01-18-2011, 10:07 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

A while back, I read about that V6 ecoboost. It is honestly a pretty sweet piece of engineering, and Ford claims it has reliability too. To prove it, they took a random engine off the assembly line (to prove that it wasn't one that they hand tweeked in any way) and ran it for some crazy amount of hours. Then they installed it in a truck and towed a race car trailer around for some other ridiculous amount of miles. It pretty much performed flawlessly from what I remember reading. MPG's are pretty good too from what I recall. In the 20's I guess.
I grew up in a Ford family but married into a Dodge family. When I was in the market for my current truck, I looked at both. Honestly, the Ford of the same era as my Ram just didn't do it for me like the Dodge did, so I went with the Ram. I've been hooked on Rams since, but there is nothing stopping me from going back to Ford when it is time to look for a new truck. Hopefully when it is time for me to go shopping again, Dodge will have come out with something better or comparable to this ecoboost.

Last edited by Silver_Dodge; 01-18-2011 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 10:11 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

Couldn't find the original link, but heres an update to it anyway that recaps the whole story.
http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2011/01...ooks-like.html

Old 01-18-2011, 10:22 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am comfortable with my 5.2L and its abilities. Why do people get hot and bothered over this? Seriously, the EcoTec has proven to be a fantastic engine setup for Ford's lineup and it does not affect me in any way unless I were to buy a Ford vehicle (love the Edge but can't afford one, even used).

Seriously, get your priorities straight in life. Oh, and as I always say, "Trucks are for hauling cargo, not for hauling ***."

Old 01-18-2011, 10:51 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion

I'd like to do both. Just need a Cummins I guess.

Quick Reply: We are screwed