2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

5% window tint...trouble with the LAW?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011 | 12:48 AM
Ramonator44
Rookie

honestly driving at night your going to hate 5% you wont be able to see anything i think if you went with 15 you would be satisfied as for the rear doors 5% would prob be good as you wont be trying to see out of them but front doors and rear window 15 would look good you wont be able to see inside really either.

Old 03-15-2011 | 03:27 AM
Mad_Scientist
Captain

+1 on 5% being a bitch at night....I should know. The previous owner (in his infinite wisdom and limited ability) decided it would be a good idea to put 20% (professional install). Then, not satisfied, put 5% over it (NOT professional install...wrinkles everywhere).

Its like looking into the Great Abyss when the windows are up at night. I have 20/15 vision, but find myself saying things like "is that a car?" *hammer brakes*--only to find that it is an odd figment of my imagination (or swamp gas reflecting the moon's light off of Venus producing a localized hologram in the shape of a Honda accord....but that's another story)

As always, the final decision is yours, but I would advise strongly against going 5%

Last edited by Mad_Scientist; 03-15-2011 at 03:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2011 | 03:55 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by Ramonator44
im 18 i know many people with dark tint many people in my school have also been pulled over late at night after engaging in questionable activities when the cops gave them reasoning for pulling them over the cop says because of there window tint but really he just gets them out of the car to search and they get in trouble for what he finds..
Try riding a motorcycle behind 'em. That 5h17 reeks like mad but you can't tell some ignorant judge that you smelled the ganja on the freeway.

That said, I think it oughta be legal. Not driving under the influence, but possession and responsible use.

Old 03-15-2011 | 06:35 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Try riding a motorcycle behind 'em. That 5h17 reeks like mad but you can't tell some ignorant judge that you smelled the ganja on the freeway.

That said, I think it oughta be legal. Not driving under the influence, but possession and responsible use.
Amen to that. I once, was a pot head lol glad I stopped though. I was goin down the wrong path, lets just say.... AKA more drugs than just pot. And a **** ton of alcohol(wayyy more than the average person drinks in like a month)

Last night when I was out on the patio bbqing I saw a chick light up as she as drivin through the neighborhood. Ive seen so many people do that. I dont know why it isnt legal. Granted they are finding out it makes you stupid but what doesnt. haha

Last edited by ColoradoRamLover; 03-15-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-15-2011 | 11:12 AM
MedicNathan
Veteran

Originally Posted by ColoradoRamLover
I dont know why it isnt legal. Granted they are finding out it makes you stupid but what doesnt. haha
Mostly because paper companies were afraid that hemp would produce a cheap alternative and put them out of business

That being said it is rather psycho active and driving under the influence is worse that drunk driving in some instances.

Old 03-15-2011 | 11:52 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Old 03-15-2011 | 11:54 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by MedicNathan
Mostly because paper companies were afraid that hemp would produce a cheap alternative and put them out of business

That being said it is rather psycho active and driving under the influence is worse that drunk driving in some instances.
Only if used in LARGE quantities......

I believe rope manufacturers didn't like it either.

Rumors I have heard are that marijuana was outlawed back in the 30's to give law enforcement types a 'reason' to arrest folks coming over our southern border illegally......

Old 03-15-2011 | 07:40 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by ColoradoRamLover
I dont know why it isnt legal.
Banksters get rich by keeping it illegal. The CIA funds the things it's not supposed to be doing through dope smuggling (and gun running). The DEA is essentially the IRS of the black market, raking in loads of cash week after week all year long. No one in government or finance wants to tip the cash cow.

It'd be impossible to tax cannabis if it were legal because it is so easily grown by anyone who wants it.

Making cannabis completely legal here would trash the economies of Mexico and most or all of Central America. We spend around $10B/year on cannabis now, and a big chunk of that goes south over the border.

So, like just about everything else in the US these days, it's all about money and the rich people who want more, always more.

Old 03-17-2011 | 12:47 AM
Nando Vazquez
Veteran

I have 5% right now and its not too bad. looking out it at night sucks but it looks better than my old purple tint.

Old 03-18-2011 | 06:06 PM
matty675
|
Record Breaker

well, looks real good

Attached Thumbnails 5% window tint...trouble with the LAW?-image03182011175457.jpg  

Quick Reply: 5% window tint...trouble with the LAW?