2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

big project ahead of me

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 05:29 PM
Salex007
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default big project ahead of me

Well i got into a bit of a car accident where a semi decided he didnt want the far interstate lane and moved over two lanes to the left quickly and knocked me over the ledge. Truck is totaled. Was my brothers r/t i bought for him and later claimed. Its done for. Well i still have my indy 500 ram in the garage. Motorcycle had to sell due to cant use anymore. Cant shift or break anymore. So I saw a few cars for handicap people where all the controls are by paddles. Like shifting, accelerating and breaks. Already looking at some ideas to reroute the Indy so i can drive it again. Lets just say I more than likely wont have to work for the rest of my life after I get a settlement check for mega bucks. Im sure I will be a millionaire after this. I will still be around and am limited on what I can do now.

Long story short for people who didnt understand my post cause of the drugs im on. I got into a car accident and cant move from the waist down. Already losing nearly all my muscle in my legs but at least i get to keep them. Not sure whats in store for me, but I better still be able to drive.

Old 05-04-2011, 06:51 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

sorry to hear this. do you know what happened? do the doctors think you will be able to walk again? i thought you had a Malibu. i don't remember you saying anything about getting another truck besides your indy.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:07 PM
Salex007
Captain

In Iowa our interstates branch off wierd I-35 and I 80 intersect each other and confuses lots of people and the semi didnt look as i was in his blind spot and he didnt have enough mirrors to cover the views.

i had two indy rams, one street built and one as a daily driver. Traded the street built one for a newer impala. The r/t was a present to my brother but he stopped paying payments to me so i kept it. Doctors said I will not be able to walk again as my muscle mass is breaking down way to fast. Something with my back got pinched and something broke off due to impact in my lower back damaging all nerves. Still feels like i can move my legs when i wake up but then i remember. I guess im happy I still have them attached and they arent taken off.

I work at the hospital and was took to the one i work at which my work, place i live, and accident all happened within a mile of each other. Luckily everyone at the hospital likes me and was super shocked when i came in and they are making changes for me all over the hospital so i can continue to work there as a lab tech.

Old 05-04-2011, 07:47 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm glad to hear you're alive dude.. I've seen too many men busted up less than what you've suffered and died..

I've seen a few who wished they were dead..

We had a guy way back in '93 who was the best machine gunner we had. A gun went down (M-60E3; how is THAT for dating myself?) and, him being the best, we picked him up and had him clear the thing before we were even in the kill zone of the course..

The Hummer flipped over on him, pinched him good. He has been in a wheelchair since.. He is a big whig with the NRA up in DC, and does real well for himself. I'm saying all of this for a reason:

Of all the people in that platoon that could have happened to, it was best that it happened to him (if, of course, it HAD to happen).. that fella had an attitude that could get him out of any predicament, and was as solid as a rock FOR us.. We determined this as a collective one night, and of course there was a LOT of beer involved on that verdict... We ultimately asked him- and he considered it for a moment before he responded.. he said "Eff you guys.. You're right, but EFF you all the same.."..

If you would like, I'd be happy to get you two in touch.. He is a helluva guy, who has been there and done that.. I'm sure he could lend guidance if you think you would like that kind of confidant.

Anyway- I hate it happened to you man.. I hope you a speedy and hassle free adjustment.

rock on brutha.

Old 05-04-2011, 09:06 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker

That's just terrible... im very sorry about the whole ordeal. I pull a 12' wide trailer with a truck that carries a spray rig all over the place. And that is one thing that scares me the most about pulling that kind of wide load, is not seeing somebody. I hope all the best for you. Me and my family will keep you in our prayers. And keep your hopes up, you may just stand up and walk again someday...

Old 05-04-2011, 11:56 PM
zje400ex
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very sorry to hear this. My prayers will be with you and I hope a speedy recovery.

Old 05-15-2011, 08:39 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been awhile since this has been updated, how are things coming along for you salex?

Old 05-15-2011, 09:11 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

hope you have a full recovery, and hopefully the settlement goes through for you, you deserve it...

In 2009 i was crushed between two vehicles AT WORK due to another employees mistake...tore my miniscus in my knee...filed a claim against the company, and when i had a followup MRI appointment, My fiancee went into labor for our daughter, and i missed the appointment, and because i missed that 1 appointment, even though i was in the same hospital that my appt was in, they ****ed me over, cancelled the claim and i got squat...

So keep up on it, you deserve this.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Salex007
Captain

well im actually looking at getting a Toyota tundra or whatever the little truck is as a new found friend has one and Toyata actually makes them so everything is controlled by the hands. I test drove the drove and it did take some getting use too but i really enjoyed it, the only hard thing was braking like getting ready to park or slow down.

Work has been great, my workplace, the hospital really took care of me and I can actually do almost all of my regular work as luckily i just finished school like two months ago and am now an RN male nurse.

Recovery was minor only thing i have noticed is im not as hungry anymore and have shed like 10 pounds but i only weighed 140 before.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:51 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

There are companies that make hand controls that can be installed in just about anything that has an automatic transmission. (I had a friend that was paralyzed from the waist down) Don't remember the company that made it though...... I am sure they are still out there though.

Sorry to hear about your accident man. Glad things are going well for you though. Good Luck, and God Bless.

Quick Reply: big project ahead of me