2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

WOOT! Just scored a Spectre CAI for $100

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2011, 01:19 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by charlie1935
You should a breather similar to this one on one of the valve covers.
A tube goes from it to the air filter housing or pipe.
Didn't work, Ill try a different way.
yeah try and post some pics. maybe this guy didn't give me everything?

Old 07-22-2011, 02:58 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Ok you should have a breather on one of your valve covers with a hose attached to it which is now has one end thats loose, or you will have a aftermarket breather filter on one of the valve covers(I think on the 99 its on the passenger side)

If you have the stock breather and hose attach it, if you have an aftermarket breather filter, plug the hole in the pipe.

Old 07-22-2011, 03:07 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
Ok you should have a breather on one of your valve covers with a hose attached to it which is now has one end thats loose, or you will have a aftermarket breather filter on one of the valve covers(I think on the 99 its on the passenger side)

If you have the stock breather and hose attach it, if you have an aftermarket breather filter, plug the hole in the pipe.
ok here are 2 pics from when i first got the truck. the passenger side valve cover has something coming out with a tube attached

and the drivers side does but i've since put an aftermarket mini breather in there. it did just have a cap and a small cut hose on it (which probably was at one point connected to the drivers side of the box you see in the beginning of the video i posted above)

Last edited by blackbeasst; 07-22-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 07-22-2011, 03:33 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Ok you have a aftermarket breather......just plug the hole on the intake so you dont suck in unfiltered air

Old 07-22-2011, 03:38 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

Ok you have a aftermarket breather......just plug the hole on the intake so you dont suck in unfiltered air
yeah i got that taken care of quick like when i saw the tube wasn't going to the stock box.

whats recommended to plug the hole in the cai?

Old 07-22-2011, 08:37 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion

It dont really matter what you use, a rubber plug with a little bit of sealant would be the easy way, or cut the little tube off and get a piece of aluminum to weld in.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:47 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That "thing" with the tube coming out of it is your PCV valve, you have to keep it, and it has to plug into your Intake manifold.

Old 07-22-2011, 11:50 PM
97_DodgeRam
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BlackBeasst; on the first page, I like your Chevy bow tie flashlight under the hood of your Dodge the flashlight is in a downward laying position, making perfect sense since Dodge puts Chevy down any day lol.

Last edited by 97_DodgeRam; 07-22-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Failed to remember there were 3 pages in this thread until after I posted my comment.
Old 07-23-2011, 12:22 AM
candymancan
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dunno if anyone cares cause i have a Jeep and troll on the dodge forums lol but here is my spectre filter. I just bought the filter for $40, and made my own tubing, and heatsheild. This is on my 5.9

I also made sorta a scoop in the front grill. City mileage hasnt changed in fact i think it went down some probably due to the colder air messing with fuel mixtures. However on the freeway i gained about 2mpg.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG0151.jpg

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...2/IMAG0149.jpg

Old 07-23-2011, 08:27 PM
blackbeasst
Veteran

Originally Posted by Adobedude
That "thing" with the tube coming out of it is your PCV valve, you have to keep it, and it has to plug into your Intake manifold.
ok one of you is telling me to plug it and the other is saying to plug it in the manifold. which is it?

Quick Reply: WOOT! Just scored a Spectre CAI for $100