2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Things I've left on my bumper.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:37 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Annihilator_X9
It wasn't my bumper but I left a pizza on the roof. Couldn't see the damn thing and forgot about it. Ended up in the middle of a busy street.

I did that with a cup of coffee once when I fueled up. I got down the road and realized I didn't have it with me. I drove back and went inside asking the clerk if I left it there. She told me she saw me set it atop the roof of my car and when I looked out by the pumps the fresh spill was evident.

Old 07-27-2011, 11:41 AM
BIGBIRD85
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i left a pipe wrench on my rear bumper after i took off my trailer hitch. rode 300 miles to work and found it still there.

i saw a pair of channel locks on a guys bumper that looked like they were going to fall off. i told the guy while we rode down the interstate. he pulled over and got them off.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

I roll my own smokes, and have a box that I keep the 'stuff' in..... Left it on the roof once, realized as I was driving down the road, that I had one rolled in there, that I wanted...... and remembered the box.... as I heard it slide off, and hit the road...... It was somewhat worse for the wear.....

When working on vehicles for a living..... I would find all sorts of stuff on customer cars.... My personal favorite was a truck that came in with a brake pull after changing calipers...... Rolled the truck into the shop, put it up on the hoist to inspect, and found a pair of needle-nosed vice-grips clamped on the passenger side brake line...... Took 'em off, took the truck for a test drive, and strangely enough, no more brake pull..... I wish I had a picture of the customers face when I handed them to him, and told him the truck was fixed.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:21 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My rear bumper things always fall off, but my front bumper(gotta big steel one) things rarely fall off and in fact i often carry shovels in it lol.)..

Wrenches
screwdrivers
pliers
soda
..radio
pager..(both gone =S)
fire helmet on hood...(was on a fire 72hrs and was soo exhausted i didnt see it until i stopped in my driveway , and it made it home!!!)

Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Let's see: One Timex digital watch, broken. One unused prophylactic, one soiled. One black suit jacket, one pair black suit pants. One hat, black. One pair of sunglasses. $23.07.

Old 07-27-2011, 12:38 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have not left anything on the bumper for a few years, it seems that I like to now put coffee, wax bottles, rags, cell phone,work phone on the top of the tire forget about it and then drive over it.

Last edited by merc225hp; 07-27-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
LegendKiller89
Captain

Cell phone, sunglasses, soda bottles, hoodie's, rags, cleaning bottles, wrenches.... way to convenient lol.

Best one yet to go with HeyYou's....
Guy I work next to here in the shop does an oil change one day on a GMC truck. And later in the day could not find his oil filter wrench the truck came back 6 months later... and there it was sitting on the plate that goes under the oil pan lol. That was funny.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I roll my own smokes, and have a box that I keep the 'stuff' in..... Left it on the roof once, realized as I was driving down the road, that I had one rolled in there, that I wanted...... and remembered the box.... as I heard it slide off, and hit the road...... It was somewhat worse for the wear.....

When working on vehicles for a living..... I would find all sorts of stuff on customer cars.... My personal favorite was a truck that came in with a brake pull after changing calipers...... Rolled the truck into the shop, put it up on the hoist to inspect, and found a pair of needle-nosed vice-grips clamped on the passenger side brake line...... Took 'em off, took the truck for a test drive, and strangely enough, no more brake pull..... I wish I had a picture of the customers face when I handed them to him, and told him the truck was fixed.
I've found a real nice pair of Snap-on Needle Nose pliers wedged behind the airbox of my mom's Camry.

I'm guilty of leaving a claw hammer on the driver's side inner fender of the Dodge. That night driving a strange popping noise apperared after driving that night. Strangely the hammer had wedged into the coil spring. Was fun getting that out. Should have used a Ball Pein.

Old 07-27-2011, 02:31 PM
nopower318
Veteran

Jug o kool-aid, oil, tools, smoking tool(got that before it broke lol) lug nuts, cd's, cell phone, and I left a hot pocket in-between the intake manifold and the valve cover for a week.

Old 07-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's good to see that I'm not the only one that does it.
Now a hot pocket is what stands out the most to me, were you trying to keep it warm or something? I tend to put food beside the lights on the brush guard if I do end up eating while working on the truck.

Quick Reply: Things I've left on my bumper.