2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Going mudding today, Suggestions on Air Intake Protection

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 05:35 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

looks like fun.

Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 PM
a-master
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you got some use out of your skid plates . I never worry about water with the stock intake, but thats because I don't charge into it at 30 mph either. Wasn't too confident when I drove into a river that was up to my running boards though...

Old 11-07-2011, 06:43 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes sir. We both gave some attention to the skid plates. I've got to get the video of my own run posted up. Gotta show what the 2nd Gens do on the rocks!! a whole lotta wall flowers.

Old 11-07-2011, 09:48 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Here's the video that I could get with my depleting battery of the Green Ram on the hardest obstacle route of culverts. He made about 80% before needing a winch at the very top.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lAtzZBl9nI

Old 11-08-2011, 01:41 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

So this is me NOT mudding. I cut out the part where I got out to figure my high center situation. My spotter is the guy that drives the green monster in the other videos.

After I had did this run...bunch of other people jumped on the route. Girl in a jeep on 33" was doing find about half way until she cracked her rear diff open. Honestly, she was hitting it too hard and don't know why.

Good day and this was an accomplishment for me. Not having rock sliders (soon to come) would give me more relief.

Don't LOL too much alright. Picked the song for a reason....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDW7d-OPkSk

Old 11-08-2011, 01:44 AM
biggreen2500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Is it really worth cleaning? Should I consider just buying a new one? I've misplaced my oil kit.

Ended up not getting too muddy. Too many people in the OHV park where most of the mud was. Instead ran some rock obstacles. Few pics here of my buddy's truck. I've got video of his rig done, but not mine. I can't link to my youtube while at work.

Youtube username is same as here though if you wanted to look. Oh wait, I did make this thread in the Off Topic forum.

Both times i've gone to this park, everyone stops to watch the green monster. It's pretty darn cool.

Last picture here, I had to give him a little tug.

man i love that front bumper and the rock sliders on that green short bed i want them bad

Old 11-08-2011, 08:20 AM
Novarider
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What brand bumper and wheels are on the green monster? My truck is the same color and those wheels and bumper look good!

Old 11-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

The bumper is Alien Patrol. I don't think they are around anymore. A comparable one is the Road Armor or cheaper (exact same) Road Rhino. I'm considering the latter Rhino, but also thinking of fabbing own front bumper. Just need to weigh the material costs. You can get the Rhino in a Weld it Yourself Kit with complete instructions, ~$500.

Some ideas I've compiled for a front to estimate material cost.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=10-N...nmUYiRb4N7k6J1

As for the wheels, I don't know at the moment. Note that they are 8 lug b/c he swapped D60s to the 1500 chassis. Yes, even though its badged 2500.

Old 11-08-2011, 12:08 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Are there any pics or video of your truck wheeling? I would rather see your truck doing this than a heavily modded ram. I wash my motor every two weeks if it needs it or not, clean motors are so much nicer to work on. Are those the org spark plug leads on your motor?

Old 11-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Are there any pics or video of your truck wheeling? I would rather see your truck doing this than a heavily modded ram. I wash my motor every two weeks if it needs it or not, clean motors are so much nicer to work on. Are those the org spark plug leads on your motor?
Post #15 in this thread is ALL me. Finally got someone to take some of me.

That is a good washing habit indeed and I've seen your evidence.

The wires were replaced about 3 years ago iirc. From the dealer. I have new ones that will go on either before end of this year or early next, including dist and plugs. I'm thinking of doing the tune up separate from the plenum repair, if that makes any sense.

Quick Reply: Going mudding today, Suggestions on Air Intake Protection