2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Started Body Repair

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 03:39 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What sort of prep work did you do on the body panels?

Everything was sprayed with etching Primer prior to being sprayed with Raptor Liner .

Took 6 Bottles of Black and one bottle of Clear tinted to Gray . Each Kit contains 4 bottles . Now we are going to Paint my friends Jeep TJ in and out with the left over .

Old 01-14-2012, 10:33 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

Well the Raptor liner is easy to clean and now fully cured seems to be tough as hell . My friend liked the look so much he decided to paint his TJ inside and out . I will post up some pics once its finished .

Old 01-14-2012, 11:07 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks pretty good! good slide show on prep and coating. Thanks. approx waht is the cost for a full body coat? Is that a pretty thick coating? I have 2 trucks I need to do the bed - Ram and Yota.Wonder how much do do bed only.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:39 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

That looks pretty good! good slide show on prep and coating. Thanks. approx waht is the cost for a full body coat? Is that a pretty thick coating? I have 2 trucks I need to do the bed - Ram and Yota.Wonder how much do do bed only.
kit has 4 bottles and costs $130 .....I used 7 Bottles total . So $260 with a left over bottle .It is not as thick as I originally thought , but much more shine and harder than i thought it was going to be . One kit is more than enough to do a Full-size truck Bed .

Quick Reply: Started Body Repair