2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

American Chopper The Build Off

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 01:49 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Default American Chopper The Build Off

who do you think is going to win? at first i thought Jesse James was going to when i saw that he was going to build his bike from the ground up but i was pretty disappointed with the finished result even though he has a passion for bike building.

in my opinion i think Junior is going to win. his bike looked extremely cool and is unique.

Senior on the other hand didn't build a bike. who knows exactly what to call it but it was also extremely cool.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american.../chopper-live/

Old 12-06-2011, 04:22 AM
biggreen2500
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i like Jesse james bike... but for the greatest bike or etc.. i'd go with JR...

Old 12-06-2011, 04:32 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

JR.....

Old 12-06-2011, 04:40 AM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

They are all better than what I could do.

I'd take the Jesse James bike over the others if actual riding was the plan. I'm diggin the classic straight to the point ultra chromed chopper. Not way over the top with all the flashy graphics like too many choppers tend to be any more.

Sitting on Juniors bike looks painful. I'm not such a fan of the way it turned out looking too modern and like it is made out of boiler room components. A cool board tracker should be way racier and have a more vintage feel to it IMO.

I wouldn't even know where to sit on the OCC "bike". Who knows WTF that OCC thing is for.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:25 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i agree. i think Jesse James bike would be the only one that could be driven daily. i am not sure how sure how safe it would be to be driving Juniors bike daily with the exhaust going through the gas tanks.

Seniors bike i don't even know if it would be legal to drive it on the roads.

http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/american...ve/photos.html

Old 12-06-2011, 01:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

I like the concept of the bottom pic, but, was unable to come up with how it was powered? I note in the build vids, they mumbled about 'battery tray'. It isn't pure electric is it?? The flamethrowers are a bit over the top though..... Would make a fun ATV.

Old 12-06-2011, 01:31 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i think it is battery operated. they had to turn the power or something like that down by 40% just to make it driveable.

Old 12-06-2011, 05:12 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Maybe JJ's is more drivable, but it's not original enough for how great he is suppose to be. Plus the H bars are so high they are not legal in a lot of states if any.

I don't know what Senior was thinking! Oh wait he doesn't without JR. Pohl does it all for him now.

Obviously JMO, but JR is far superior to the other two. They need one more person on that team.

All I have to say is, "Free Rick" !

Old 12-06-2011, 07:05 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

It's definitely about what your into IMO.

I just watched part one and can now get the whole plane feel Jr/ was going for. Him and his team are definitely masters at their more artsy themed bike approach. Before I watched it I didn't get he was doing a plane theme and so didn't at first appreciate the theme details such as the propeller wheels.

I like how Jesse put it: "I'm doing a motorcycle themed motorcycle". He also mentioned his goal of making it in the San Francisco style. Not original at all to be sure since that styles been around a hundred years now. It's an approach I appreciate quite a bit, however. The ground up, everything in house, all stainless, bad ***, bare bones, no frills, proven design taken to the next level, motorcycle built to go out and ride the snot out of rather than sit in a museum as a show piece definitely wins me over.

I think the electronics in seniors are way cool bit the overall result struck me as being kind of a POS. They should have taken those electronics and put them on a cool chopper which could get all that power to the ground. Then you'd be talking.

Quick Reply: American Chopper The Build Off