2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Truck Stolen

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm sorry to hear that. I just saw on the news this morning that the guy from Canada who's been tearing up the Poker Tour just got robbed & beaten in a home invasion up there.

Y'all need to change some laws up yonder and start totin' some firearms... 'Course it won't stop someone from stealing a parked truck, but it WILL stop 'em from ever doing it again if you catch 'em in the act...

Old 12-24-2011, 05:17 PM
northernguy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone!
I do agree with the firearms issue. I also agree with the guy needing a good tune up!
My buddy tried but the police said they weren't done with him yet.Too bad really!

I am in need of some instruction on changing out the ignition on the column.Apparently the rest of the column is fine.He is driving home now.He cannot turn it of at all without puling some fuse.
The truck will be here in a few hours.I will post a few pics.
These trucks are according to police,real easy to steal.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

Glad I have an Alarm/Remote start system on mine. It doesn't make it impossible to steal, but it makes it a whole helluva lot harder.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Check back thru some of my posts, I posted a video for ignitions switch replacement in the last couple days. VWandDodge gave me the link initially.

Old 12-24-2011, 05:28 PM
northernguy

Yup! That is on the list.lol

Old 12-24-2011, 05:40 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Curious to know how they got in it, I don't have any "security system" other than what is factory on the 3rd Gens but I did install JimmiJammers in the doors. From what I've heard around here, 95% of the time they are drilling in thru the door next to the key hole, which is why I installed the jammers...

It's getting bad all over though, where I lived in Georgia from '91 till '04 the ex and I never locked our home or vehicle doors at night, nor even when we were at work during the day. Only really locked the house if we were going to be away over-night. Last couple years I've heard you can't do that up there anymore. At the farm, which is about an hour away from where I used to live, I never used to have a problem, but since I've been in Florida caring for the folks, the barn has been broken into half a dozen times, once they used a sawzall to cut a 4' hole in the back wall and made off with the 9.9 HP outboard on my jon boat!

I won't keep my ATV in the barn anymore, have it at a friend's house in his garage...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 12-24-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 07:38 PM
northernguy

I am still waiting for him to get home but I heard they punched a hole through the door near the key hole and then trashed the ignition. They may have used a welding hammer with a point or a hammer and punch.Either way its going to need some weld and filler.Its really too bad because this truck is/was cherry and only a month old to him.The Jammers sound like a great idea.
They say that these trucks are easy to break into but you can get into any door if you punch a hole through it first.
I am looking forward to hearing the whole story.
Thanks Hey You.Much Appreciated!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Last edited by northernguy; 12-24-2011 at 07:44 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 08:10 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

that sucks. glad to hear he at least got it back. i don't know it it would be a good idea or not but as a security feature he could install a relay in line with the coil and put it on a toggle switch. it could also act as a on off switch also.

Old 12-24-2011, 09:26 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
{ ... } but I did install JimmiJammers in the doors.
Wow. I'd never heard of those -- thanks for mentioning them! I'm going to pick up a pair for one of my round tuit days.

My $20 tailgate padlock saved my tailgate within just a few weeks when we were living in Vegas. I just love finding cheap foilers that actually work.

Old 12-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Our trucks are ridiculously east to break into...the whole weatherstripping strip just pulls right out and leaves a one inch gap any coat hanger works at that point...

Quick Reply: Truck Stolen