2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

wiper delay not working?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 AM
piemxzhome
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper delay not working?

Ok so i have a 97 ram 1500 with power door locks and power windows. My wipers only work on hi and low the delay wipers dont work and the power locks dont work either . I think it is the central timing modal because the tail lights dont work. Can any one help ?

Old 12-29-2011, 08:22 AM
kfbryant1
Amateur

not very good at chasing down electrical things, but check the obivous first. the fuses and relays, the ones in the cab and the ones under the hood. also I would think that if ya wipers work on high and low, then maybe the switch may be bad, for the others, I would look at the fuses. Good Luck someone with more knowledge will jump on here later

Old 12-29-2011, 10:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Either the switch, or the smart part, which I believe is on the motor. On mine, if you tilt the steering wheel up to far, the wipers ONLY work on High.

Old 12-29-2011, 10:12 AM
kadetklapp
Veteran

Mine if you try to shut the wipers off during movement they get stuck in whatever position they are in on the windshield instead of returning to the down position. Logic board is my guess.

Old 12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
piemxzhome

It's the same with my wipers they don't park down the bottom of the wind shild but I was think of trying an extra pulse intermittent wipe control box

Quick Reply: wiper delay not working?