2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

help with all new exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 01:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue83
Kejobe I only have one O2 sensor up stream but the long tubes have one for each side id be wiring the front ones together being I only am supposed to have one up front I would still have the rear down stream wired O2
Just run one. Putting two in the same circuit may confuse the PCM. Put a plug in the port you don't use.

GM only monitored one side with an O2 for years. Worked pretty good for them.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:10 PM
mstephen89
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1, exactly what I would do, run only one and plug the other side.

Old 01-12-2012, 02:24 PM
BigBlue83
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds good to me and I read on another thread that someone can bring in a pipe and have it fitted for an O2 port. Did I under stand this correctly? If so ill run an exaust pipe to the muffler put the 2nd O2 in the pipe behind the cat than put muffler and tail pipe and thats that

Old 01-12-2012, 03:26 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Just run one. Putting two in the same circuit may confuse the PCM. Put a plug in the port you don't use.
Wiring two in parallel would screw the pooch...

I gotta wonder if there might be misfire detections galore running fully isolated duals like that.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:50 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Wiring two in parallel would screw the pooch...

I gotta wonder if there might be misfire detections galore running fully isolated duals like that.
I am not sure what criteria it uses to determine a misfire.... not like it has a knock sensor or anything......

Old 01-12-2012, 07:44 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I am not sure what criteria it uses to determine a misfire.... not like it has a knock sensor or anything......
On this I'm uncertain, but it makes sense that it would be watching for pulses from the oxygen sensor(s). I can't think of anywhere else it might get a relevant indication, anyway. So if that's how the PCM does that magic trick it's going to go bananas setting misfire codes for the bank it can no longer see.

I absolutely hate this big chunk o' ignorance I'm experiencing. We needs us a PCM guru.

Old 01-13-2012, 10:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
On this I'm uncertain, but it makes sense that it would be watching for pulses from the oxygen sensor(s). I can't think of anywhere else it might get a relevant indication, anyway. So if that's how the PCM does that magic trick it's going to go bananas setting misfire codes for the bank it can no longer see.

I absolutely hate this big chunk o' ignorance I'm experiencing. We needs us a PCM guru.
Good theory. Guess we will find out huh?

I have heard rumors of folks getting codes only having the O2 reading one bank, but, I don't know WHAT codes they were getting.....

Quick Reply: help with all new exhaust