2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Speed Bleeder

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2012, 07:21 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
I see that the Motive (an probably every brand) is specific to models or typse such as European, Domestic, etc. I own too many darn cars to be able to make me want to pay $60 for a tool for each one.
FWIW, Motive also sells a kit that has all of the different master cylinder caps with just one pressure tank.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
FWIW, Motive also sells a kit that has all of the different master cylinder caps with just one pressure tank.

I noticed that on their website, but each one sells for about $37 plus shipping. I see they hava a "universal" cap, but it looks a little cheesy. I may order one of theirs and then just get the caps for the different vehicles and add the hose and connector for home made adapters.....for less than $37!

Old 01-20-2012, 12:05 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
I noticed that on their website, but each one sells for about $37 plus shipping. I see they hava a "universal" cap, but it looks a little cheesy. I may order one of theirs and then just get the caps for the different vehicles and add the hose and connector for home made adapters.....for less than $37!
Be sure to post pics & a parts listing of your pressure bleeder.

Old 01-20-2012, 10:36 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Be sure to post pics & a parts listing of your pressure bleeder.

I am not a happy camper today. Speed Bleeder Dorman # 12705, 8mm x 1.25 x 28mm, fits 99 GM wheel cylinder, was ordered Wednesday afternoon and scheduled for delivery today. Vendor did not ship parts and now have estimated delivery by FedEx on the 24th. I have had the rear of the truck on jacks since last Friday, and cannot wait any longer. I cancelled the order (as I was p****d), and came home and bled brakes with a hose and bottle. Slapped wheels on and then started wiring on GlowShift gauges and pod. The gauges DID come in today!

I may come back and try speed bleeders later, but when I get time, I will most likely fabricate a power bleeder.

Quick Reply: Speed Bleeder