2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Junk Yard trip

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 10:59 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

[QUOTE=stewie01;2769076]
Originally Posted by zman17
Just got back from JY and grabbed some small stuff while I was there. Sorry stewie I forgot about the Buick parts.

I know a couple people were looking for PRND21 indicator cables, that was a while ago though. Anyway, I'll add the stuff to my classified thread.

It's cool z, we don't have it anymore
Good thing I didn't get it . Thanks for letting me know that! Because you would have paid for it in one way or another.

Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=zman17;2769080]
Originally Posted by stewie01

Good thing I didn't get it . Thanks for letting me know that! Because you would have paid for it in one way or another.
Haha! We traded it in for a Dodge Caravan. I'll let you know when we need something!

Old 04-21-2012, 11:34 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

[QUOTE=stewie01;2769091]
Originally Posted by zman17

Haha! We traded it in for a Dodge Caravan. I'll let you know when we need something!
LOL, unfortunately for you , there are tons of those in the JY.

Old 04-23-2012, 01:09 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WHat I need is the cabin light for the front. You push them in and they turn on, but a piece of plastic broke inside on the light face...the part that turns the light ON. So I can't turn the right side light on.

I would probably have to get the whole setup at a junkyard...unless I can just take the lens and go.

Some junkyards don;t like it when you destroy a WHOLE part to get a small piece of it....like a coil plug connector off the engine wiring harness!

Old 04-23-2012, 01:02 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163
WHat I need is the cabin light for the front. You push them in and they turn on, but a piece of plastic broke inside on the light face...the part that turns the light ON. So I can't turn the right side light on.

I would probably have to get the whole setup at a junkyard...unless I can just take the lens and go.

Some junkyards don;t like it when you destroy a WHOLE part to get a small piece of it....like a coil plug connector off the engine wiring harness!

Are you referring to the map lights? I had to get these from dealer - plastic part broken. Think it was like $30....but that was cheaper than driving to nearest JY from here....

Old 04-23-2012, 01:07 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by CPTAFW163

My 2000 had the same problem when I bought it. The switch is broken most likely. I had to get the harness for inside because its part of the switches. I know you don't want to here this, but I saw at least 5 trucks with the overhead console just hanging there ready for the taking. Some with the read out and some with just the lights and cubby. I'll go next saturday and see whats left. Which do you have, Regular or with the read outs?

Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 PM
gdstock
Legend

I searched JY today looking for seat bottom for front seat of QC truck in tan cloth interior. If someone has one for sale, I would be interested. Don't know what shipping would cost, but an area upholstery shop is unable to match fabric so it would take doing all seats to keep them matching....bummer...too expensive...

Old 04-23-2012, 06:52 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,389 Likes on 3,129 Posts

Just do the fronts?

Old 04-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

I will look for one next time I go junkin.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:18 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Just do the fronts?

He cannot get it to match the rear close enough...I'm a little retentive that way....lol.....As much as I am putting into this truck, it has to match or I will not be happy. I will bitch forever...

Quick Reply: Junk Yard trip