2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Grill guard and lights done finally!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 04:35 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grill guard and lights done finally!

After days of grinding, sanding, drinking, drilling, painting, cussing, more drinking and wiring, finally got my grill guard repainted, mounted some steel posts, and some more 100W offroad lights. Looks good in my opinion. Can't wait for tonight, when it's dark, so I can see how bright the 4 of them on, is going to be. Just the two lights on top easily light up 1-2 miles of dark country road. Should be impressive with 2 more lights up front.

disassembled the grill guard, I bought from FireDodge, sanded it down, and painted flat black to match my "roll" bar.

Installed some steel posts onto the grill guard, to mount 2 more 100w lights on.
Finally done, wiring finished and tested. They turn on, yay! Pretty excited I was able to do all the wiring of relays, and switches, without buying some overpriced wiring kit. Just found a wiring diagram, bought the wires, connectors and stuff, and overall it made for a real fun project.

Ram Head Light Covers FTW! Now just get another 35$ to order 2 more covers for my top lights. Think I'll have the guy make some Husker "N" light covers for the top 2 lights.

Old 04-01-2012, 04:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Looks good. Now, are you going to test it out, and see how well it guard the brush?

Old 04-01-2012, 04:40 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good. 100W should add plenty of light!

Old 04-01-2012, 04:49 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Looks good. Now, are you going to test it out, and see how well it guard the brush?
LOL, of course! The road out to my father-in-laws cabin is a dark, winding, bumpy dirt road, with trees and bushes and stuff that stick out and smack the front of the truck as I'm driving. So I'll most definitely be trying it out sometime. Of course, where I am, I could always just go plow through a corn field, and see how much of that black paint gets rubbed off. Not to mention the front lights getting tore off, lol. On second thought, maybe I'll avoid the corn fields...

Old 04-01-2012, 05:30 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by bekins01ram
LOL, of course! The road out to my father-in-laws cabin is a dark, winding, bumpy dirt road, with trees and bushes and stuff that stick out and smack the front of the truck as I'm driving. So I'll most definitely be trying it out sometime. Of course, where I am, I could always just go plow through a corn field, and see how much of that black paint gets rubbed off. Not to mention the front lights getting tore off, lol. On second thought, maybe I'll avoid the corn fields...

Id avoid the corn fields. I ran through a friends field in my 01 ORE and I had little dimples everywhere on the hood.. Looked like a golf ball lol.. It was fun at first but afterwards you will regret it

Old 04-01-2012, 07:17 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Id avoid the corn fields. I ran through a friends field in my 01 ORE and I had little dimples everywhere on the hood.. Looked like a golf ball lol.. It was fun at first but afterwards you will regret it
ROFL, that's what I was thinking. We got a pretty good hail storm last year, so my hood has it's fair share of dimples as it is. Maybe I should hit a corn field, and finish the dimpled effect, then I can just pinstripe "Titleist" on the sides, and it'd really look like a golf ball.

Old 04-01-2012, 07:27 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Ya know, those dimples supposedly make it more aerodynamic.........

Old 04-01-2012, 07:34 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Ya know, those dimples supposedly make it more aerodynamic.........
possible mod for better gas mileage??

Old 04-01-2012, 08:40 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

Grabbing my ball-peen hammer as we speak, and heading to the driveway...the gas prices are outrageous!!

Old 04-01-2012, 09:17 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by bekins01ram
Grabbing my ball-peen hammer as we speak, and heading to the driveway...the gas prices are outrageous!!
Pics please!!!

Quick Reply: Grill guard and lights done finally!