2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

DF get hacked again?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2012, 09:12 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe they should just not data-mine us.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:16 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Which is what they're doing.
I didn't even read all of the new privacy policy, got too pissed off.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:20 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

I went and read the 'brief' privacy agreement, it is awfully generic, and was purposely written so, as it applies to all sorts of software, and services..... According to popular theory though, there should be an option to 'opt out' of the data mining portion thereof. No exact clues as to how one would go about that in the brief though.....

Old 06-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

When you find out, please share! I like this forum, but not being data mined.

Old 06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Ok, doesn't look like they really changed anything... just simplified the Privacy Policy. My suggestion would be to disable third-party cookies in your browsers options, and, if you run some flavor of ad-blocker, you won't see them in any event.

IB doesn't do anything that every other website does as a matter of course. They don't share information, unless required by law...... apparently, there is a setting when you register to opt out of their advertising program as well. (which I assume most folks go for....) Also, if you find yourself getting spam from IB, or one of it's affiliates, the "opt out" link in the email should actually work. I don't see any options in the user cp to do the opt out thing though.... but, make sure that in UserCP, under Options, the vCard box is NOT checked. (this should prevent your email address from being pharmed, and added to twenty gazillion spammers....)

Old 06-13-2012, 10:22 AM
gdstock
Legend

Simplify means remove important stuff from print, but it does not mean doing the stuff ends....

And data mining? They will not quit. The ads you see when browsing eslewhere? Ever notice that some of them are the same ads that are on here? If you have a FB account, see how many of those are familiar.....

What scares me is the datamining results that have been supplied to CIA, FBI, and DOJ since 2001.......

Old 06-13-2012, 10:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

so stop searching for "do it yourself atomic bomb kit". Or, "IED's for Dummies"......

Old 06-13-2012, 10:47 AM
MoparMan1991
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
so stop searching for "do it yourself atomic bomb kit". Or, "IED's for Dummies"......
Now you really did it.

The FBI, CIA, ATF, DOJ, and the White House are all reading this thread now and constantly checking it for updates. You have tagged this thread on a Federal level and now DF will be forever known to the Feds.

Anyhow, I have Chrome with Ad Block Plus and I was running horribly slow too. I started a thread on it but got no replies.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:48 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Aww damn.
I was researching "how to blow up a federal building".

jk of course.

Old 06-13-2012, 10:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Maybe we should start a thread "How to really screw with the governments search heuristics." And post all sorts of interesting things about revolution, government overthrow, and panic in the streets.

Then we could all meet up in Federal Prison! Wonder if they have an off-road track there.....

Quick Reply: DF get hacked again?