2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Disappointed with GM

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
just because someone is not playing with a full deck does not mean you should take complete advantage of them. they sold it to her for $25,000 more than it was worth. from what i had read in the paper in the past it was not the first time that dealership has done that to people but it is there last as a Mazda dealership.
I agree with your statement and you'll note that I did not lay the blame on the buyer.

Remember when the Yugo first hit the US shores? The MSRP on those things was under $3K but dealers were marking them up to $7K when women came in to buy one. I've never had respect for *any* business that takes advantage of either men or women who don't understand the product, normal pricing or the like, but when they do it predominantly to women because "women folk are dumb" really irks me.

Old 06-18-2012, 01:26 PM
98Ramboy
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pretty crazy stuff, huh? I remember my mom used to work for this one company, IFCO I think, and the company gave corporate discounts on a lot of popular companies including Dell if you wanted to buy a new computer. If you try to use the discount and compare it to the price without it, the "discount" deal ends up being a couple hundred more than if you go without it

Old 06-18-2012, 03:08 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
even if you buy a fairly new car they can still screw you just like this
http://www.orangeville.com/news/loca...p-fined-10-000
This is why any time anyone buys ANYTHING they aren't super familiar with, they should get advice from a trusted friend or aquaintance who knows the market for the goods in question. Again, this isn't just about cars, if one is looking to make any significant purchase, they should at least bounce the facts off a friend or two.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Ok, so, they overcharged her 25K, and were fined 10K? 2K in "victim compensation"??? Really?? So, looking at that, the dealer still came out 15K ahead in that deal..... Until, of course, Mazda corporate stepped in.

Old 06-18-2012, 06:27 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i guess they would come out ahead if she continues to make payments and able to make that final $7000 payment in 7 years

Old 06-18-2012, 06:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Yeah... talk about "creative financing".........

I am almighty curious how someone on disability thought they could afford a 66K car though....... those most be some mighty good salesmen.....

Old 06-18-2012, 07:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

i doubt the woman looked at the paperwork. i have never bought a brand new car but i have a feeling there is tons of paperwork to go through. slip in a $100 here and $100 there and it all ads up. with the way most people advertise that financing it really makes you think you can afford them.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:08 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yeah... talk about "creative financing".........

I am almighty curious how someone on disability thought they could afford a 66K car though....... those most be some mighty good salesmen.....

I used to work for a dealer in another state, adjacent to an Indian Reservation. It was amazing how they would take advantage of the residents of the res. I eventually worked wtih the feds on investigating the driminal acts that involved chargeing interest above the legal limit to Native Americans living on the reservation, including prompting buyers to list an address of a family member NOT living on reservation in order to charge higher interest rates. I got out of selling cars at the end of this episode. I like making good coin, but not by screwing people that can't afford what they are buying, and driving them deeper into financial trouble.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:20 PM
jsw0767
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ha ha

Originally Posted by gdstock
noob with 'tude?........
I'm definitely not a noob, I just tell it like it is. AS IS means. AS IS. Why would a Chrysler - Dodge.dealer do anything special on a used GM p.o.s.? Most people today expect to get something for nothing. If it breaks down it's the owners problem and responsible to repair. The way people on here seem to think dealer should fix everything for free. With that kind of reasoning Dodge should fix my '91 Dakota if the ac compressor goes out.

Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

but who said he bought the car as is. if he was able to drive it off the lot then i would not consider the car being sold as is. as is it is towed off the lot, fixed then plated.

your example is completely different. if i was to buy a vehicle with a bad or non running engine the price would reflect that. i would not buy a family vehicle if i knew i would have to replace the engine a week later.

Quick Reply: Disappointed with GM