2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Out of the Blue Offer

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 07:09 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I get guys (and a few girls) asking about what I might charge for my truck all the time. Usually they aren't insulting and I even have a couple of guys names & numbers on my phone who want to be called if I ever decide to sell. Had a girl at work the other day tell me she'd be my sex slave for life if I gave her my truck (don't worry, she wasn't that good looking).

I did have a guy, maybe about 25 years old walk up to me as I was washing my ATV in the driveway the other day make me an offer on the ATV. It's an '06 Can Am but it's in about perfect shape, especially for being 6 1/2 years old. I know the "book" on it is only about $3200, but because of the condition and low miles (only about 1000 miles on it) I know it's worth a LOT more, at least to me - besides I have no intention of selling.
So this baggadeuche asks me if I'd be interested in selling it for $2500 and I said "nope, it's not for sale unless someone just absolutely blows me away with an offer" to which he kinda copped an attitude and told me that at $2500 he was offering me double it's value because it was in such good shape...

This is a pic I snapped of it after washing it:

Name:  IMG262.jpg
Views: 34
Size:  188.9 KB

Old 07-08-2012, 10:08 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I get guys (and a few girls) asking about what I might charge for my truck all the time. Usually they aren't insulting and I even have a couple of guys names & numbers on my phone who want to be called if I ever decide to sell. Had a girl at work the other day tell me she'd be my sex slave for life if I gave her my truck (don't worry, she wasn't that good looking).
Put a flag over her face and do it for Old Glory.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:24 AM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Had a girl at work the other day tell me she'd be my sex slave for life if I gave her my truck
ask her if she'll let you still drive it on weekends.

Old 07-08-2012, 11:47 AM
Ol_RedRam
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A while back, I was sitting in traffic when I hear someone, "Hey Amigo! Amigo!"

This Hispanic fella, in his ragged out Honda with an extension ladder hanging out of the back, was trying to flag me down.

"You want to sell your truck? I give you five hundred dollars!"

I just drove away.

Quick Reply: Out of the Blue Offer