2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Inside The Stock 'Kegger' Intake Manifold - UNBELIEVABLE !!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 09:41 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Arde
True enough, but some of us have to settle for doing the best we can with what we've got, which is more time than money.
X2 on that one! Personally I don't like the M1 because it moves the power band too far up in the rpm range for my liking. But that's just me.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:20 PM
It's Me Patt
Captain

Yeah there's a thread on here somewhere? and he gives a step-by-step with pics for the kegger mod..pretty kool..I'd like to mod or switch a new IM that improves bottom, middle and top HP & MPG! But that's me

Old 09-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Has anyone tried filling in the large void in the roof of the plenum with foam and then coating it with epoxy to cut down on the volume without restricting the flow of air to the runners? Also filling the corners where I understand there are high pressure areas?

I'm considering doing this myself after making a making a makeshift flowbench. Don't really know if it would be beneficial or not.

If not, I'll forget it and stick with the conventional mods.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:42 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,396 Likes on 3,136 Posts

Has anyone tried filling in the large void in the roof of the plenum with foam and then coating it with epoxy to cut down on the volume without restricting the flow of air to the runners? Also filling the corners where I understand there are high pressure areas?

I'm considering doing this myself after making a making a makeshift flowbench. Don't really know if it would be beneficial or not.

If not, I'll forget it and stick with the conventional mods.
Hughes offers a whole line of intakes with various stages of fill.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:15 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hughes offers a whole line of intakes with various stages of fill.
Hughes has what they call Stage 1 and Stage 2 modified intakes. Stage 1 has the cut off flat edged runners recommended for basically stock engines and Stage 2 has the flat edge runners and the epoxy putty filled upper void with some porting of the runners recommended for modified engines.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:48 PM
Ugly1
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Sure hate to have a chunk of dried epoxy find it's way downstream somehow....lame.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ugly1
Sure hate to have a chunk of dried epoxy find it's way downstream somehow....lame.
Aww hell, modifying intakes and even runners with epoxy is old hat. Guys been doing it for years without problems. My worse case wasn't epoxy at all, but an intake man. bolt left in the manifold when they assembled the engine. Had 69 miles on a new '75 Dodge PU. with a slant six and had to have it towed back to the dealer. Damn bolt got under an intake valve.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:33 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Aww hell, modifying intakes and even runners with epoxy is old hat. Guys been doing it for years without problems. My worse case wasn't epoxy at all, but an intake man. bolt left in the manifold when they assembled the engine. Had 69 miles on a new '75 Dodge PU. with a slant six and had to have it towed back to the dealer. Damn bolt got under an intake valve.
Engine must have been assembled on a Friday just before the UAW went out on a strike.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:40 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
Engine must have been assembled on a Friday just before the UAW went out on a strike.
Or maybe a Monday morning, I've had some Monday mornings like that.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:45 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
X2 on that one! Personally I don't like the M1 because it moves the power band too far up in the rpm range for my liking. But that's just me.
Hey bud, you want to help me fix my plenum? I'll drive to you...lol

Quick Reply: Inside The Stock 'Kegger' Intake Manifold - UNBELIEVABLE !!!