2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New Job.... Possibly

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Nereaga
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Job.... Possibly

Got a second interview set up for tomorrow at 11:30 with Tri County Toyota for a sales position. I'm pretty excited about landing the gig! First interview went really good. Tomorrow I just meet with the big boss, Dealership GM. I met him briefly the first interview and now we get to sit down and talk numbers... Position is base salary with benefits w/commission.

Fingers crossed!

Old 01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Good luck man!! I have been trying to get a job for the last 3 months.. Its super tough around here..

Old 01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats. I have recruiters sending my resume to a few companies right now.

Old 01-10-2013, 01:59 PM
Nereaga
Captain

Thanks guys! Good Luck to you in your search!

I had an interview with a Subaru Dealer last month, for a service writer, someone had experience and beat me out...

I have a great seasonal job now 8 months out of the year and in a position to take over the company my boss has said already. But it is that, 8 months out of the yr and laid off the other 4.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Thats good man.. I have been seeing alot of job postings lately for service writers and alot of dealership work.. I just applied for a service job in a Subaru dealer the other day..

Old 01-10-2013, 02:20 PM
Nereaga
Captain

Sweet, hope you land it!

Around here too we have a ton of dealership work popping up. And now the landscaping and construction jobs are around too. I been in construction for 15 years and my body needs a break. Getting too old too fast to keep doing it for ever. Gotta be easier money to be had. At least that is my thinking

Old 01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car sales is less physically demanding, but not an easy way to make a living. base salary w/comm? That sounds pretty good if base is acceptable. I did it on comm only. Some months good, smoe not so good, and I still have one month's check for $0.00. No. That is NOT a typo. A couple deals unwinding from the previous month will humble a person very quickly!

Good luck!

Old 01-10-2013, 02:49 PM
Nereaga
Captain

Gd- yeah base salary w/ commission. My buddy works for a local yota dealer and he gets 250 base a week plus commission. $75 base comm on no gross sales. 1-9 cars 20% of gross 10-15 25% and more than 22 cars 35% of gross. Weekly and month sales bonuses. Also get comm on service, tire, roadside protection, and Toyota plans that you sell with cars

Old 01-10-2013, 02:54 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wish you the best of luck Nereaga... I have a opportunity offered to me for this year as a part time employee so I can supplement my other jobs lol. $10/hr. I am gonna take it. This oughta been called the job thread!

Old 01-10-2013, 03:39 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nereaga
Gd- yeah base salary w/ commission. My buddy works for a local yota dealer and he gets 250 base a week plus commission. $75 base comm on no gross sales. 1-9 cars 20% of gross 10-15 25% and more than 22 cars 35% of gross. Weekly and month sales bonuses. Also get comm on service, tire, roadside protection, and Toyota plans that you sell with cars

Sounds pretty good if the market is good. Mine was in Flagstaff, with 25% gross profit. Also kicker for selling aftermarket warranty and a few other products as well. One month was $9000 check. The rest were between that and the $0.00! Decent money, but very slow in the winter. Long as you can budget well, there can be good opportunity. Gotta be able to take rejection well and shake it off!

Quick Reply: New Job.... Possibly