2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

redneck_rams 360 build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:31 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

So you'll be here in the morning so I can finally see/hear it running, on our way to car world right?

Old 04-05-2013, 08:42 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zman17
So you'll be here in the morning so I can finally see/hear it running, on our way to car world right?
thats a negative, ghost rider... no gas, no money, too much yard work to do.

while youre there... would you mind grabbing either: a t-case shift linkage, or the rubber grommets that hold the pivot points in place... need 2 of the grommets, but theyre 7 a piece from the dealer.

also, could you get, if available, and if youre willing to: the tv cable return spring bracket that bolts on the shift linkage bracket up on the bell housing...

#10 in the image

i can come down in a couple weeks possibly when we have more money...

Old 04-05-2013, 08:50 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

I have no money either. So I guess that's a , can't do right now.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:53 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

I have no money either. So I guess that's a , can't do right now.
alright... well i have an idea on how im going to deal with the bracket for the spring. gonna make one out of some flat stock!

picking up the new spring tomorrow!

guess ill wait to get the linkage til i come down. it will either be in 2, or 3 weeks.

Old 04-09-2013, 02:53 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

well i got the new tv cable return spring installed. for the bracket, i used a part that bolts to the timing over that helps hold the bracket for the trans lines. fits, and works perfectly.

while driving it yesterday, it started having an idle problem. turns out the iac was bad. switched out the iac from the 318 throttle body, and wallah, all fixed! gonna use it to pick the wife up from work seeing how it has more gas that the jeep does at the moment.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:06 PM
FireDodge
Captain

I'm still waiting for a dyno sheet! Along the lines of this thread, I just got my project motor back from the machine shop and got the re-ring kit and rebuild kit in. Gonna put the bottom end together next week!

Old 04-12-2013, 02:38 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by FireDodge
I'm still waiting for a dyno sheet! Along the lines of this thread, I just got my project motor back from the machine shop and got the re-ring kit and rebuild kit in. Gonna put the bottom end together next week!
gotta have money for those kinda things... i still havent gotten my custom tune yet. should have that within the next week.

Old 05-03-2013, 07:11 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

So what's the latest going on with your truck? I might go to carworld in the morning. And answer your damn text messages!

Old 05-03-2013, 08:20 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

So what's the latest going on with your truck? I might go to carworld in the morning. And answer your damn text messages!
truck is going good. driveline vibration that i had turned out to be one of the headers hitting the frame rail.

had to order energy suspension 5.1114g poly motor mount inserts. they say they only fit cummins mounts, but merc has em, and they fit our mounts fine.

wideband sensor took a crap, and AEM doesnt warranty them, and neither does bosch. oh well...

still havent gotten my custom tunes yet. but i got a job, so ill be able to get the rest of everything soon.

my son has t-ball tomorrow john, so no carworld for me, for awhile. i texted ya back. phones been going off all day, so ive been ignoring it the last few hours haha.

im hoping to come down your way as soon as i have some more cash. need to hit up car world for some things.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:06 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

I've got some cans that need holes in them, and a new toy. So bring your's when you come over.

Quick Reply: redneck_rams 360 build thread