2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Chevy forums are not as good!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2013 | 12:10 PM
gdstock
|
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That block came out of a 70-73 camaro. Anywhere from 200 to 300 horsepower, and could even possibly be 4 bolt mains. Good deal for 200 bucks... possibly an INCREDIBLY good deal.

That's what I was thinking - it is s good deal (assuming that it is sound). Going to try to grab it, even if I do not use it in this project. But then again 200 to 300 hp is enough for the 54! Not going to be a rodder, just a driver.

Old 04-16-2013 | 04:43 PM
gdstock
|
Legend

So these people advertise on Craigslist to sell engines, suspensions, etc., but they fail to respond to calls and e-mails......grrrrr.

Found a Vette JY about 90 miles away, and they don't respond either. Local sandblaster doesn't return calls. So I will probably blast frame myself this weekend.

EDIt: So just after I posted this, the JY contacted me (is he stalking DF?)

Want to go look at one and take some measurements to see how it would fit up and how much fab work is required.

Anyone have a recommendation for paint for frame?

Last edited by gdstock; 04-16-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2013 | 05:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

POR 15. The stuff comes in multiple colors, and once cured, is pretty much indestructible. Watched a guy hit it with a framing hammer several times, and it didn't scratch, chip, or flake. I was amazed. Also seals the metal, so it NEVER rusts again. Good Stuff.

Quick Reply: Chevy forums are not as good!