2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Truck pulls, dyno, show n shine 5/18-19 New Boston NH.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:23 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Truck pulls, dyno, show n shine 5/18-19 New Boston NH.

If anyone's interested, Northeast Performance Diesel is holding their annual truck pull/dyno sessions this weekend at the New Boston fairgrounds. Last years event was pretty big and they ran out of room so they're moving it to the fairgrounds and adding a show n shine this year.

Northeast performance diesel website

Old 05-15-2013, 06:26 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That means we'll get a Dyno sheet on your truck right?

Old 05-15-2013, 07:38 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And Rednecks dyno

Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Originally Posted by stewie01
That means we'll get a Dyno sheet on your truck right?
Funny you say that. My buddy with the 04 cummins is goading me into trying it. I'm just afraid the trans will grenade right there in front of everyone.

After seeing some of the numbers the oil burners were laying down last year, the gas guys threw in the towel. There were some really nice rides there last year and the weather report is looking good so the turnout this year should be great.

Old 05-16-2013, 12:44 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jimythefan
Funny you say that. My buddy with the 04 cummins is goading me into trying it. I'm just afraid the trans will grenade right there in front of everyone.

After seeing some of the numbers the oil burners were laying down last year, the gas guys threw in the towel. There were some really nice rides there last year and the weather report is looking good so the turnout this year should be great.
Meh. Damn diesel guys!

And your trans shouldn't grenade, you've got the 47RE...

Old 05-16-2013, 03:02 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimythefan

If your transmission is in good shape I'd go for it

And just tell them diesel boys to take off their turbo charger and see what the Dyno has to say...

Old 05-16-2013, 07:55 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im workin, and cant afford the fuel bill to get there anyway(bout an hours drive)

ill get a dyno eventually. just need to find someone that can tune on the fly if sean cant be at his computer while im on the dyno.

Old 05-17-2013, 01:05 PM
generaljr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bet good traction is better than horsepower, we use 400hp steiger tractor 8wheelers, sometimes they can't move the big implements in Sandy fields, they just get stuck. if the fields soils are hardly compacted and we let the implements go deep, the tractors just get jumping like crazy, instead if we use one of the 365hp steigers with ballast (3/4 of tire volume filled with water on the 4 inner tires) they can pull easily the same implements at full deept on hard soils, in Sandy loose they pull better than the stronger ones without ballast. if both of them fail to get the job done then we move to the best pullin machines, track belted Challengers, the ones we drive are reted to 525hp but they only need 20-30% of the power to move the same implement a 8wheeled can't. ballast makes a lot of difference in pulling capability

Last edited by generaljr; 05-17-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Really good turnout today. There were trucks from all over New England. I almost got talked into the dyno pull. The first truck on it was a mild looking 02 Cummins short bed. At the rear wheels, 311hp and 804tq. After that, there was no way I was going to get up there and have everyone standing there see what pitiful numbers I would pull.

Really nice looking 4th gen and 3rd gen Megacab.

Obligatory pic of mine in the show n shine area.

Last edited by Jimythefan; 05-18-2013 at 07:04 PM.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 PM
Jimythefan
All Star

Quick Reply: Truck pulls, dyno, show n shine 5/18-19 New Boston NH.