2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Cherry bomb extreme.

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 01:35 AM
98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That first part is supposed to be for dodge dude. lol

Old 07-03-2013, 08:43 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

The plenum is pretty much a universal problem on these trucks, so, we are all pretty **** about it.

Changing your muffler won't make any difference at all, unless, your current muffler is plugged up....

Old 07-03-2013, 10:51 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Man your completely **** about that plenum aren't you? lol Will putting a muffler on it make it get up and go better? And what is an SCT? I already bought the programmer. It was $460 online and i got it off of a friend practically brand new for $350. Also i checked how much it would be to have the plenum done and they asked if it was upper or lower. I assumed it was upper? They said $300. :/ They is a local auto shop. lol
Yep, I am OCD about stuff.

And *you're. I'm a grammar-**** sometimes too.
Originally Posted by HeyYou
The plenum is pretty much a universal problem on these trucks, so, we are all pretty **** about it.

Changing your muffler won't make any difference at all, unless, your current muffler is plugged up....
+1.
And FWIW, my muffler WAS plugged up as I saw a performance increase when I had my Thrush installed.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:17 PM
ChillyPhil
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can get the plenum plate for a pretty good price off a guy on here and also on ebay he has a store.

Then you can get the bolts and gaskets off rockauto's website. That's where I got all my parts. Summit probably has some stuff too. I have two boxes of parts and my high flow cat/headers sitting in the corner waiting to be installed. I ordered my high flow cat Monday and it was at my house Tuesday from summit. Had to order my headers through my parts shop. The cat was freakin dusty so I assume they had it for awhile.

SCT tuner is the way to go when you are going with a tuner. You'll probably have to wait till the newer models come out though I guess because he's all sold out of ones for canned tunes. Unless he bought some used ones back from other people and is reselling them.

I want the same muffler as you when I get all my work done. My knockoff flowmaster is starting to show some rust. I just can't find the size of the inlet and outlet to match what I want.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:29 PM
98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Veteran

Alright then i will check into it more. And right now i dont have a muffler. Its straight pipes!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:30 PM
98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Veteran

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Yep, I am OCD about stuff.

And *you're. I'm a grammar-**** sometimes too.

+1.
And FWIW, my muffler WAS plugged up as I saw a performance increase when I had my Thrush installed.
Yeah i am too really bad. lol And thanks for correcting me, i didn't even notice!

Old 07-03-2013, 02:33 PM
98Dodgeram360V8Mag
Veteran

Originally Posted by ChillyPhil
You can get the plenum plate for a pretty good price off a guy on here and also on ebay he has a store.

Then you can get the bolts and gaskets off rockauto's website. That's where I got all my parts. Summit probably has some stuff too. I have two boxes of parts and my high flow cat/headers sitting in the corner waiting to be installed. I ordered my high flow cat Monday and it was at my house Tuesday from summit. Had to order my headers through my parts shop. The cat was freakin dusty so I assume they had it for awhile.

SCT tuner is the way to go when you are going with a tuner. You'll probably have to wait till the newer models come out though I guess because he's all sold out of ones for canned tunes. Unless he bought some used ones back from other people and is reselling them.

I want the same muffler as you when I get all my work done. My knockoff flowmaster is starting to show some rust. I just can't find the size of the inlet and outlet to match what I want.
Yeah my local Napa sells the gasket for like $15 and i will check into getting that stuff from summit. And if you get the extreme before me, tell me how it sounds because i want to know before i spend money on one. lol Because i have a high flow cat too.

Quick Reply: Cherry bomb extreme.