2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

toolboxes

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2013, 08:09 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul DeHayes
Looks solid. As I'm looking for a box myself (not trying to hijack the thread OP), how much and where can I get one?
Check craigslist. How much depends on what they are asking and what you are willing to spend. I got mine for $20.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:26 AM
ebxgsxr
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

craigslist is always good. that's where I found my potential deal on this weatherguard I'm checking out. As long as the guy doesn't sell it out from under me, I'm picking it up Friday.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:46 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul DeHayes
Looks solid. As I'm looking for a box myself (not trying to hijack the thread OP), how much and where can I get one?
I'm not sure where or how much but I'm sure that their website list dealers. my truck came with one and it was a beast. notice its shipping weight is nearly 200 lbs. I sold mine with some surface rust and 13 yrs old for $150 so they hold their value pretty well.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:39 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
Rawson koenig makes THE best tool boxes , period.
They appear to be good, but not best. The latch is the kicker. The commonly used hook latch can be defeated. Rotary latches are much stronger, especially when protected in a built-in housing like Weatherguard and Delta Pro. The best latch however, is the hoop twist latch used by Highway Products and formerly used by Protech. I cannot find material thickness on RK boxes but it is probably 1/10" which is near the thickest. HPI and Protech still use 1/8" marine grade. Like I said earlier, thickness + latch = best design. But there is no doubt the RKI boxes look stout and would last a long time. I get a kick out of the "cult" following for UWS boxes which are among the cheapest and flimsiest boxes out there.

Quick Reply: toolboxes