2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

NEW design headlight question!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 09:58 PM
GZakk
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW design headlight question!!

Okay, I am going for my 3rd set of headlights.
Don't ask..

This isn't my first go around with aftermarket head lights. So I have noticed a design change that I am curious about.
I want to know the design difference between the "reflectors" Is one better then other? Purpose?

Name:  KGrHqZHJEkFE1Vz9yD1BRe0ePKOpQ60_3_zps7f71cb43.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  204.0 KB

Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You're not going to like my reply, but it looks like two variants on the same **** design to me.

Those housings scatter light BAD.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:35 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
You're not going to like my reply, but it looks like two variants on the same **** design to me.

+1, stock sport headlight is the best halogen housing, and for projectors if you retrofit them

My two pennies.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:37 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

^Thanks for reminding me....

Stock 99+ Sport housings are awesome. LMC also offers a single bulb housing that is the same as the Sport housing minus the extra bulb for the highbeam. The pattern is also pretty good from what I remember.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:48 PM
GZakk
Rookie

Not going to like your responds? Hell I love it! Your the first person to tell me that! Everyone else just goes "yeah ..why wouldn't they work?"

I had halogens once, they melted the front of my headlights....
Send me in the right direction with some pictures. I am so tired of ****ty headlights.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
GZakk
Rookie

LMC sells the same headlight design, so just a no go all the way around?

Old 08-22-2013, 10:55 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

LMC has good stuff. Minus the design you've already posted. Says for off road use only on LMC's site.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/de/full.aspx?Page=71

They did have a single bulb Sport headlight, but I'm not finding it. grrr.
There had been a fella on here that had a 96 V10 like yourself and he had installed a set. They were pretty nice and he liked them. Dunno where the thread went. He gave a full review of them. You can run the 99+ Sport housings in your 96 as long as you do some fender trimming and get a harness from LMC. It's a little bit of work, but the light output is much better then the fleabay housings that you have been using.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:59 PM
GZakk
Rookie

^Thanks for reminding me....

Stock 99+ Sport housings are awesome. LMC also offers a single bulb housing that is the same as the Sport housing minus the extra bulb for the highbeam. The pattern is also pretty good from what I remember.
I bought a very similar design to theirs my first go around. I had to actually go in and cut the frame behind the lights to get them to fit. The sport housing where there was no extra bulb was too bulky in the back to just fit right in. Have pictures of the process. Then on top of everything, not long into owning the lights. Maybe 8 hours all together the lights being on, they melted the front plastic. Company gave me my money back and let me keep the headlights.

So I'm really hesitant on wanting projectors again, unless someone can convince me I got a set of lemons.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:00 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by GZakk
I bought a very similar design to theirs my first go around. I had to actually go in and cut the frame behind the lights to get them to fit. The sport housing where there was no extra bulb was too bulky in the back to just fit right in. Have pictures of the process. Then on top of everything, not long into owning the lights. Maybe 8 hours all together the lights being on, they melted the front plastic. Company gave me my money back and let me keep the headlights.

So I'm really hesitant on wanting projectors again, unless someone can convince me I got a set of lemons.
Some of the projectors housings don't have vents I'm thinking and the projector is too close to the front of the housing. I haven't heard of the stock Sport housings getting nuked though. lol Eventually that's what I will be moving to.

Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 PM
GZakk
Rookie

Some of the projectors housings don't have vents I'm thinking and the projector is too close to the front of the housing. I haven't heard of the stock Sport housings getting nuked though. lol Eventually that's what I will be moving to.

Do you have a picture or a link for these sport housings?

Quick Reply: NEW design headlight question!!