2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dodge dealership oil change

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 10:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Originally Posted by tincan57
Thanks guys, great input as usual. However, they did themselves in before I could fully get through the door. The day I posted, I had called and was told by a male employee what time to bring the truck (2:00 PM). I arrived promptly a 2 today, provided them with the coupon and they indicated it will be a 2 to 3 hour wait and I should drop the truck off. She indicated Monday at 8:00 AM would be a better time to "drop it off". So far, that's drive 2 vehicles 11 miles for one $24.95 oil change, plus disposal, plus tax. She offered up faster service on Monday if dropped off early.

So it's my local place where it's $30 for the 360 V8 with 5 quarts and filter, no disposal and tax included. The long 20 minute wait gives me time to read our local paper (no gimmicks, no BS).

I thought it was more in the line of get me in the door, great package deal for perhaps a future new vehicle sale. I was in town to have a tooth pulled any way, which turned out to be more pleasurable. K.
That is a real commentary on the state of affairs at the dealer.......

Next week for me. Got one that needs to go as well. (tooth, not oil change. )

Old 01-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Thornloe Pride
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Around here, I can get oil changes done for 20 bucks. I can't even do it myself for that money.... so, I happily let someone else crawl around under my snow and salt covered truck......
What kind of oil do they put in? My dads a dodge mechanic and he used to tell me that most shops have low prices because they buy the cheapest grade of oil they can. He told me its pretty much black when it comes out of the barrel. So since then I've always felt safer spending a little more to buy top quality and do it myself. But if its good oil for $20-30 I may have to look into that. Changing oil in the winter sucks!

Old 01-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always changed my own oil, that way I know for sure what oils going in, although I really doubt that it matters a great deal as long as it's detergent. Even if I had it changed, I would crawl underneath to check the drain plug anyway, so what the heck.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:18 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Shop/oil change? wtf is that lol, I don't remember the last time I paid to have a oil change done. I understand that some can't or don't want to do there own oil changes and thats fine. Just what kind of oil and filter are they using to offer a $20-$30 oil change. Yeah I am picky about what oil I use in my motor's. My oil changes run me about a $100 when all said and done. I do a oil change in late Nov this way one is not needed again until spring so no crawling around in the snow, (based on what I put on for mileage).

Old 01-11-2014, 03:20 PM
Thornloe Pride
Captain

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Shop/oil change? wtf is that lol, I don't remember the last time I paid to have a oil change done. I understand that some can't or don't want to do there own oil changes and thats fine. Just what kind of oil and filter are they using to offer a $20-$30 oil change. Yeah I am picky about what oil I use in my motor's. My oil changes run me about a $100 when all said and done. I do a oil change in late Nov this way one is not needed again until spring so no crawling around in the snow, (based on what I put on for mileage).
Pretty much how I feel. What do you run merc? I normally spend $60-80. Gets me good oil with k&n filter.

Old 01-11-2014, 03:41 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Thornloe Pride
Pretty much how I feel. What do you run merc? I normally spend $60-80. Gets me good oil with k&n filter.
I don't want to start a oil debate at all, but I use Liqui-Moly Synthoil Premium 5w-40. This oil in Canada is the same blend they use over where its made, it's a full synthetic oil, it's not the same oil/blend as what the states gets, at least thats my understanding anyway. I get it at Napa, $65 for 5l I get a extra 1l @$15 then a Mobil 1 or K&N oil filter @ $15

If you go to look it up on the web go to the German site not the US site.

If you like pm me for my op on this oil, so this thread stays on topic.

Last edited by merc225hp; 01-11-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:15 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have always used quaker state 10W-30. And a classic puralator oil filter. I dont think a 212xxx mile motor really cares what goes in it. I dont burn a lik of oil though.

Its a 30 minute drive to the nearest dealer if I wanted them to change my oil, so hardly worth it for me.

Old 01-11-2014, 06:10 PM
tincan57
Captain

Pennzoil 10w-30 the 97 gasser, 231K and counting, last 360 farm same oil. Disposal, they take care of it. K.

Yep..........wrapp'er up

Last edited by tincan57; 01-11-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Finished
Old 01-11-2014, 08:52 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

OK, OK.....do not need another oil thread. Op is finished with this I do believe.

Quick Reply: Dodge dealership oil change