2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 09:41 PM
HillBillE
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I know is that it's -20* F tonight!

And it will take some serious BTU's of garage heat in order for the two post hoist to work.

Looks like I'll hit the indoor range this week instead of turning wrenches.

Old 01-04-2015, 12:24 PM
tired old man
Veteran

So I guess bragging that I fixed up my snow thrower was not such a good idea. Some rat ba$tard has stolen it out of my garage.

Granted the garage was not locked. This is a small town and not many folks are paranoid enough to lock every door they have all the time.

The 'man' door on my garage didn't even have a lock on it,... it does now.

My house insurance guy says they will cover it after the $500.00 deductible, so I might as well forget that.

A new replacement that is pretty close to what I had is under that tax and all.

I still have the old Sears hanging on the wall. Wonder how much screwing around it will take to get it going. Only took me about 20 minutes to shovel what I needed done anyway. Not that much snow after all their doom and gloom predictions of up to 8" or more north of I 80.

Old 01-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Damn sorry to hear that. It sucks when low lifes take our things. Mine is parked next to my garage and stays outside 365. I have it covered with a plastic tarp. I lock my doors but have forgotten to and left the house unlocked for 3-4 days while being gone on a trip to come home with everything here. I don't leave my keys in my rig but have forgotten them.

On the light side I'll say it was due to the marriage comment you made.

Again sorry about it. Must be a small snow blower to hang on the wall.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:29 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those of you who saw my thread about 'getting out from under the rock' or know about my situation, you may be curious to know that I finally got out from that mess, it ended nastily. At any rate I'm out of it finally and for good and learning life as a normal person would live it.

Old 01-04-2015, 05:46 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
For those of you who saw my thread about 'getting out from under the rock' or know about my situation, you may be curious to know that I finally got out from that mess, it ended nastily. At any rate I'm out of it finally and for good and learning life as a normal person would live it.
AOFarrell, send me an email when ya get a chance to.

Old 01-05-2015, 12:08 AM
tired old man
Veteran

Yes the old Sears is quite small only like 20" wide had some tiny little maybe 3" solid plastic wheels on it. Broke those almost immediately and made a solid steel axle to mount some 4" lawnmower wheels in their place.

It has two rigid plastic flippers instead of a auger and the snow deflector is a hunk of plastic that sort of swings in a arc of maybe 60 degrees but it always did the job. When I'd run into heavy snow, like when the snow plow would roll a bank at the edge of the driveway I could just pick it up and grind the top off then work my way down to the pavement so it is quite light.

I tried starting it but it was not having any of that so its in the basement with the carb all apart while we wait for a set of points and a new diaphragm kit for it.

Should have everything by next week.

As far as the getting married thing goes, I figured you took it as seriously as it was intended to be and was sorta standing back to see if the other shoe was gonna be coming my way. No offense was intended nor taken.

Lots of folks don't know how to take what I might say sometimes, I'm more or less used to it.

Last edited by tired old man; 01-05-2015 at 12:11 AM.
Old 01-05-2015, 09:05 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Falalalalalalala. Cheers!! Back to work after 19 days off just plain sucks.

Old 01-05-2015, 11:20 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

When I put the kid to bed at 8:30 PM last night there was 4" of snow on the ground and it was still snowing. Around 10:30 the TV started acting up because of snow and such on the satellite dish so I went out to clean it off. Well as I walk out the door L'm looking at my steps going WTF!! The snow was part way melted and it was raining/snowing out. And everything was covered in ice. I cleaned the dish off and came back inside and checked my signal. Ya all is good I have a signal again.

Woke up this morning and all the snow was gone, it is raining like crazy and it is 46 degrees out now. So much for the 6-11" of snow we were going to get. So I guess I am waiting to break out the snow blower again,

Old 01-05-2015, 11:33 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Back to work after 19 days off just plain sucks.
Indeed it does. It's feeling like time to score a Powerball jackpot and put an end to this nonsense.

Old 01-05-2015, 02:27 PM
tired old man
Veteran

I have my snow thrower back. The police found it sitting near the river. Just sitting there. It was empty of gas so I have to wonder if someone was just that desperate to get the half gallon or so of mixed gas I had in it or what.

Glad to have the thing back. Can hardly wait to get the parts to bring the Sears back to life again too. Will be nice to have a backup.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread