2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 10:50 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

However, a 1/2" or 3/4" version of this with a "T" is my initial thought.

Also ~$20, good for 300°F at 165psi... probably outlast a plastic valve.

Old 07-10-2015, 02:43 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My MGB has a manual cable driven water valve that turns water to the heater core on and off.

When I first got the car that valve was frozen in the on position so on hot days the heater core was still getting hot water from the engine when I would drive it.

I searched high and low for a replacement. When I removed it from the car to try and free it up so it would move again I managed to totally smeg it up so replacement was my only option.

That's when I found Moss Motors. You can buy every part you need to build a complete new MG from the ground up there. When I brought my MG to a local body shop to see about getting it repainted {I no longer have a paint booth of my own} the dude that ran the shop saw a copy of the Moss Motors catalog in my car and asked if he could look at it so I gave it to him.

Moss is a lot like JC Witney used to be you order one small thing and they send you catalogs every month for the next few years, anyway he ended up buying a frame, body tub and most everything else to build a replica of a '53 MGTD. He did not go with the original engine and transmission. He used a Chevy 350 and a turbohydro 450 transmission instead.

It turned out to be a decent looking machine. He painted it fire engine red with decent pin striping.

Old 07-10-2015, 03:46 PM
schmidtp
Veteran

Truck will be getting its workout this weekend. Time to move to the new apartment!

Old 07-10-2015, 06:31 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Amazing what can be stacked in the bed of a RAM, to minimize trips ;-)

Old 07-11-2015, 08:57 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nifty lil anchor points in the bed too!

Old 07-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Did everyone read about the idiot that tried to set a firework off on his head? And it killed him? Now his mom wants to make training required to buy and use fireworks. Talk about KNEE JERK reaction.

Old 07-12-2015, 07:27 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Did everyone read about the idiot that tried to set a firework off on his head? And it killed him? Now his mom wants to make training required to buy and use fireworks. Talk about KNEE JERK reaction.
Like the training needed before becoming a parent, so you can impart common sense into the kids

They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... stupid kid.... xxxxx

Old 07-12-2015, 08:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

He will most certainly be a darwin award winner. We should all send a postmortem thank you note to him for kindly removing himself from the gene pool. Hopefully before he had a chance to reproduce......

And knee-jerk reactions are what america is all about. Why else would we try to pass laws to prohibit an already illegal activity, after every mass-shooting, when any thinking person already knows that NONE of the proposed legislation would make even the slightest bit of difference.

Old 07-12-2015, 11:47 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

His older brother and friends tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen. And then to top things off the rocket was a dud they had tried to light already and it hadn't gone off. Then brain wonder wants to set the thing off on his head. Wham Bam BOOM it goes off killing him.

I just don't get it. Yes it is sad that he was killed but wanting to make laws about fireworks because of it???? Just hope that this will teach some others to be careful.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:39 AM
tired old man
Veteran

When I was young living in northwest Wisconsin fireworks were simply illegal period. Then they started allowing snakes and sparklers.

Granted I moved out of there 30 some years ago but any kind of explosive like firecrackers were still forbidden last I knew.

From what I've read this dude had a mortar type sky rocket that he put on his head.

I think most sane folks would not have done such a thing since they had already set off others just like it, I can just see it now "Here, hold my beer while I put this mini cannon on my head,..."

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread