2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2015, 08:04 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm a poor college student so I buy the cheapest gas I can find. Ol girl doesn't seem to care what kind of gas she's burning anymore these days.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:33 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Well gas here is around $2.03 at most places, still a sharp increase to plus, $2.49, which sucks because the truck really likes plus.

Sad that in Fairfax County at most places diesel is cheaper than regular unleaded.

Enjoying the drop while it continues!
I'll have to admit I don't really look at what gas prices are anymore since all I use is diesel in my truck or hightest in my bike. And my SXS takes hightest too so until the Jeep is back up and running I always buy the most expensive fuel. Only time will tell what the engine in the Jeep will want when it is all said and done.

Old 08-27-2015, 07:47 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I'll have to admit I don't really look at what gas prices are anymore since all I use is diesel in my truck or hightest in my bike. And my SXS takes hightest too so until the Jeep is back up and running I always buy the most expensive fuel. Only time will tell what the engine in the Jeep will want when it is all said and done.
Wildman,
Glad to see you got your PC working! When will you be starting your engine build back up? Can't wait to see it done!

Old 08-27-2015, 10:04 PM
bargeman
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Gas is coming back down, (was 2.84) its 2.54 here. Diesel is usually .25 to .50 cents higher but its 2.48 now. We have .44 cents tax on gas and .49 cents on diesel.

Old 08-28-2015, 09:27 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Wildman,
Glad to see you got your PC working! When will you be starting your engine build back up? Can't wait to see it done!
The engine build won't kick off again until next spring. I should have a little more money to play with by then so I can finally get the build done and my Jeep will be running again.

If you want that cam we can work something out with Gwedo's easy squeezey payment plan!!

Old 08-28-2015, 01:42 PM
LoneWolfArcher
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Yup. I remember having to play with autoexec.bat, and config.sys to make my games work too..... and having to swap them out, and reboot, if I wanted to play something else.

I still have 386 motherboards, 88 pin Ram, and 8 inch floppy drives laying about too...... Though a lot of it has been disposed of. (didn't feel a need to move it all again......)
Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Hell, I'm so old I'm a Novell CNE, passed test in '93, still have the $5000 in study books. I've run networks on Coax cable. My MCSE is NT track I passed before Windows 98 hit the market. Hell, I've been out of the field longer than most of todays techs have been in it.

I can remember the days of having to use debug to talk machine language to an MFM/RLL controller to format a hard drive. Or how about taking 72 hours to compsurf a hdd before it could be used in a server???
What a couple of wet behind the ears youngsters! I cut my teeth on 8 bit computers. I'd play with the Apple 2s at school but home could only afford Vic-20s and C-64s. Used to develop our own software to do many things we wanted to do but couldn't find software at all, or that was affordable, to do. Those were the days..............

Old 08-28-2015, 06:44 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
The engine build won't kick off again until next spring. I should have a little more money to play with by then so I can finally get the build done and my Jeep will be running again...
I was going to start sniffing around for a donor 318 block for a 390 stroker project, but I'm in need of brakes now, and tyres soon, so I'm kind of in the same (or worse) position.

Old 08-28-2015, 07:03 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneWolfArcher
What a couple of wet behind the ears youngsters! I cut my teeth on 8 bit computers. I'd play with the Apple 2s at school but home could only afford Vic-20s and C-64s. Used to develop our own software to do many things we wanted to do but couldn't find software at all, or that was affordable, to do. Those were the days..............
Oh, I go longer back than what I posted. My first computer class in college used punch cards. I was hired by the school to help setup the first computer lab there - with Commodore PETS...

Old 08-28-2015, 08:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Punch cards for RPGII programming, paper tape for BASIC..... Running on an HP 2000 Time sharing computer, circa late 70's..... Didn't have one at home. The hard drive was a cabinet about 3' square, with discs about two feet in diameter..... sounded like a turbine engine warming up when you fired it off.

Old 08-29-2015, 10:28 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

My first computer experience was Windows 95, old school I know!

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread