2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 02:20 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,391 Likes on 3,131 Posts

I am real curious whatever led them to believe they wouldn't get caught.... I mean, seriously, it's not like we don't have a boatload of places that test on a regular basis... not to mention companies that specialize in optimizing someone elses programming. They *should* have known it was only a matter of time before they were caught... What did they expect to happen? The EPA to just shrug their shoulders and say: "Well, that was certainly creative."??

Old 09-24-2015, 02:36 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No I do not collect caskets. I just worked at a factory where I built them.

Yes, I put it in an upstairs bedroom in my home for a few years. I lived alone and no one could stop me from putting it up there.

And no, I do not still have the casket. It went in the big divorce bankruptcy sale shortly after my wife left.

I was only actually married for 6 months and in that time she spent everything I had saved and much more. Back then all debts were paid by the former husband. She sailed away debt free.

It was not a very good time in my life.

That's why I decided to move to Iowa, figured I needed to be out of rifle range before I did the right thing and made the world a better place and spent the rest of my life in prison.

Last edited by tired old man; 09-24-2015 at 02:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 02:52 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Isn't VW's motto, "Truth in Engineerinig"???

Old 09-24-2015, 02:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Well, VW is so big that US customers only account for 6% total sales. I think the thing that really hit hard was how fast the European countries jumped on their a$$es.

Interestingly, China is where most VW/Audi/Porsche are sold. I'm waiting for China to offer to buy up cars at deep discounts. There are almost no emission laws there...

tired old man: I feel for you bro'. I was basically setup to retire at 55 (just 5 years from now) until I had a messy divorce. She got the profits from selling the house and a huge lump sum then came back after I sold my business and got half of that. Now 2/3 of my retirement is gone and I'll likely be working til the day I drop dead...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 09-24-2015 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There is all kinds of faux outrage about the VW issue on The Samba, complete with wailing and gnashing of teeth fueled by rumor and conjecture. Nothing has been stated as to how this issue will or should be resolved, but a bunch of armchair lawyers are yammering on about how the cars will be forcibly reflashed, VW will be forced out of business, and - this one is the best - how them hippy libruls are going to force everyone to drive electric cars.

Anyway, this emissions cheating has happened before:
Emissions defeat devices well known to be wrong, but pressures remain

It was actually General Motors, not another import automaker, that was best known for defeat devices before VW's crisis unfolded. In 1995, GM agreed to pay at least $45 million to settle Justice Department charges that it put illegal devices to defeat pollution controls inside nearly 500,000 half-million Cadillacs since 1991 that resulted in carbon dioxide emissions of up to three times the legal limit. At the time, it was the largest case ever brought under the Clean Air Act rules for car and truck emissions by the Justice Department on behalf
of the Environmental Protection Agency, and was the first judicial auto recall aimed at curbing damage to the environment.

Old 09-24-2015, 07:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Ok, who gets this? If you don't you're probably under 30...

Old 09-24-2015, 08:39 PM
bargeman
Professional

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Ok, who gets this? If you don't you're probably under 30...

yeah I got that! "its a twister! Its a twister!" Well what there chasin' ..........

survey says?

Old 09-24-2015, 09:20 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

2500 long bed.

Old 09-24-2015, 09:41 PM
tired old man
Veteran

No man, its a transformer, cant tell if its autobot or decpticon tho, need my bifocals

Old 09-24-2015, 10:45 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just read an article stating the worlds 15 largest cargo ships emit the same amount of pollution as all the cars in the world.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread