2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 12:42 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I happen to be a democrat when I vote most of the time but that does not make me a bleeding heart, gun hating liberal.

Hell, I was once a federally licensed gun dealer.

I really don't know what the best answer for this sort of thing is. Personally I would like to see everyone empowered to do open carry at the least.

I know there are a whole lot of unstable individuals out there in the world and arming everyone might not work out so well but there are a lot of quite stable individuals out there that might make things equal out.

When I was younger there were a lot of class mates that bullied me and I wanted to kill them. I resisted this desire. I don't quite understand how young people can no longer resist.

Old 10-02-2015, 07:43 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got regular at $1.89/G, and midgrade was only $2.18/G....

Old 10-02-2015, 07:56 AM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If everyone had some kind of basic gun safety education or had at least been shooting once or twice. No one would be scared of guns because they understand them. Then their would be no traction for more gun laws.

I think it should be a part of public education. But I'm sure that would never see the light of day.

Even when I went through school, if someone was bullying you and wouldn't stop it was OK to eventually stand up for yourself and fight. But at the end of my high school career you would get suspended 10days if someone walked up to you and cold cocked you unconscious for "being in a fight. "

I only ever got in a few fights but most of those people wound up being my best friends. So idk.

Old 10-02-2015, 09:32 AM
bargeman
Professional

Originally Posted by stewie01
Got regular at $1.89/G, and midgrade was only $2.18/G....
Must be nice! Cant get below 2.28 for 87 in this part of Ohio!

Old 10-02-2015, 10:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

What the liberals simply do not seem to understand is: They can pass all the laws they want, but, someone contemplating mass murder isn't really going to care overmuch if the weapon they are using is also illegal.....

What they also seem to be ignoring is 99.99% of all mass shootings have happened in gun-free zones...... The shooter knows for a fact that HE will be the ONLY one there that is armed, so, can do pretty much as he pleases. At least, until the cops show up.

Police REACT to crime. They do not prevent it in any way, shape, form, or manner. When seconds count, the cops are only minutes away.

Want to reduce the number of these style of mass-shootings? Ban gun free zones.

Old 10-02-2015, 03:39 PM
bargeman
Professional

AMEN to that! All these gun laws only hurt the law abiding citizen. When a shooting happens the gov. cant let a "good trajedy" go to waste so they try to pass more laws to disarm the law abiding citizens. Once that completely happens then this democratic republic that we have now will be no more.

Fear the Government who fears your gun.

Old 10-02-2015, 04:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Yup. Take a look at what happened in EVERY society that the populace was disarmed.... Millions dead at the hands of their government. Not really something I would like to see happen here...

I was actually responding to someone else, but, their post seems to have fallen into the bit bucket..... (and it is not showing as having been deleted either..... Real curious what that's all about.)

Old 10-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Putting more emphasis on mental health would have a bigger effect on gun deaths than any gun control option.

Old 10-02-2015, 06:27 PM
bargeman
Professional

We the people should promote open carry ! And ban weopon free zones. Or what I like to call them "victim zones". Sure you'll have some accidental shootings, of your foot or your neighbors dog etc. but that will eventually weed out the ones that have zero respect for guns and the down right dumb criminals . But soon the " smarter" criminals will realize that its not worth trying to mug,rape, or kill for 20 dollars when there victim is carrying a 45.

Heres another one.... Get rid of the electric chair and install electric bleachers!

Old 10-03-2015, 04:06 AM
beeker
Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There's a reason people are so scared of open carry and guns in general, it's that they've been taught to fear the gun in every publication and govt message since their birth along with serious social alienation. Basically gov't and Hollywood made it cool to be anti gun so the idiots follow along with whatever pop culture insist to be part of the in crowd.

I also happen to not believe any of these school shootings are real, they are drills from the agencies that all happen to be in town at the same time, cue the camera for the President to say he's gonna take away more of our freedom in the name of safety. Now watch the crisis actors make millions on GoFundme. And if you really pay attention you'll see some of the worst acting ever on your nightly news interviewing the supposed victim.

Quick Reply: The Official 2015 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread