2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

408 build (needing a second mortgage 😯)

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2016, 05:05 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Frankie B JR,
If HeyYou doesn't have a fuel rail for you I do. I'll send it to you for the cost of shipping if you want it. I got the fancy fuel rails to go with the AirGap so I have my old fuel rails. On top of that my engine I bought to make my 408 had the fuel rails on it too.
His rail will be shipping tomorrow unless something happens. What I could use now is the flex line for a 98+ ram. Happen to have one of those?

Last edited by frankie_b_jr; 07-24-2016 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Cleaning partial quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by frankie_b_jr
His rail will be shipping tomorrow unless something happens. What I could use now is the flex line for a 98+ ram. Happen to have one of those?
Is that the line that goes between the two rails? I think I have the one that Hughes sent with their kit? If I can find it I'll send it to you. I have both rails together with the fuel line in place. Just let me know what I can do to help and I will.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:40 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Is that the line that goes between the two rails? I think I have the one that Hughes sent with their kit? If I can find it I'll send it to you. I have both rails together with the fuel line in place. Just let me know what I can do to help and I will.
That's the fuel line that goes from the fuel rail, down to the line on the frame from the tank.

Fuel Rail shipped today. I PM'ed you the info.

Old 07-25-2016, 07:57 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That's the fuel line that goes from the fuel rail, down to the line on the frame from the tank.

Fuel Rail shipped today. I PM'ed you the info.
Thanks HeyYou. I also ordered a line from flea-bay this morning that is 'suppose' to fit. Now if I could just get my flywheel straight. The one I ordered through my local napa looks too small, but I haven't checked them side by side yet.

EVENTUALLY.....

Old 07-25-2016, 10:02 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,395 Likes on 3,135 Posts

Someone posted a pic of the 130 tooth, and the 143 tooth next to each other, and there was a considerable size difference.... that was fairly recently too......

Old 07-25-2016, 10:41 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Someone posted a pic of the 130 tooth, and the 143 tooth next to each other, and there was a considerable size difference.... that was fairly recently too......
That was me not reading the specs in the description. All I saw was "360" and got it coming. It will fit the 360, but it has to be internally balanced and using a smaller bell housing, like a 4 speed car, or something similar. Funny thing about it though, I think mopar used the same crank/ flywheel pattern for all of their gas engines from 66 to 03 (end magnum). It seems like everything I looked at was either 130 teeth or 143, with differences in balancing for different motors. I think the 426 hemi was the exception to that.
The new one does match and is neautrally balanced thankfully. Was going to put it on, but sciatic nerve has had me limping good all day. I don't trust myself handling 40 pounds of steel over my toes tonight.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:15 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Frankie,
Sorry don't have a used version of that line. I have a custom steel braided line that I am not sure yet will work on my Jeep.

Sounds like you have the correct flywheel so here's hoping your leg feels better and you can get it installed soon. I know all to well about hurting and not being able to work.

Old 07-25-2016, 11:41 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain

Frankie,
Sorry don't have a used version of that line. I have a custom steel braided line that I am not sure yet will work on my Jeep.

Sounds like you have the correct flywheel so here's hoping your leg feels better and you can get it installed soon. I know all to well about hurting and not being able to work.
Thanks for the encouragement. Hope all is well in your neighborhood.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:24 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

For a little added bling this is the line I got. But I am dealing with a Jeep not a pickup. I am hoping it will be long enough to work on the V-8.

http://thmotorsports.com/i-299306.as...FUqoPAodrXMAYg

Old 07-26-2016, 12:33 AM
frankie_b_jr
Captain

For a little added bling this is the line I got. But I am dealing with a Jeep not a pickup. I am hoping it will be long enough to work on the V-8.

http://thmotorsports.com/i-299306.as...FUqoPAodrXMAYg
Thats pretty. Being a stock replacement, it should fit. I haven't looked at many jeeps, but what I have seen the fuel line lands in he same spot. The inline engines run along the block, and the v6/8 comes over the bell housing. Either way I hope it works.

Quick Reply: 408 build (needing a second mortgage 😯)