2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Wildman His Jeep & His Surgery

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2018, 02:17 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 156 Likes on 119 Posts

Hehehehe, I was reacting to a comment I got from another group about me telling people what was going on. Someone was being nasty I guess.

Thanks Frank & HeyYou. As the time gets closer I'm just getting more nervous. I will be glad to be rid of hurting all the time. I will keep you all posted as things go along.

Old 05-01-2018, 05:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Hehehehe, I was reacting to a comment I got from another group about me telling people what was going on. Someone was being nasty I guess.

Thanks Frank & HeyYou. As the time gets closer I'm just getting more nervous. I will be glad to be rid of hurting all the time. I will keep you all posted as things go along.
Wait, what? You are nervous about getting a body part cut off? Really? Imagine that.

That's a decision I don't EVER want to have to make....... I do not envy you.. You will be in all our thoughts and prayers here though. We are on your side man.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:40 PM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 364 Likes on 342 Posts

Best wishes and hope everything goes smoothly! Not saying this to get you anymore nervous but something you need to talk about with the anesthesiologist. Years ago i went in to have surgery and when i was in post op i woke up paralyzed. I was freezing cold and couldn't move a muscle or tell anyone. When they "knock you out" they give you two drugs one to put you to sleep and the other to keep you from moving during surgery. When i woke up the drug that paralyzed me still did not wear off yet. I was totally awake and could hear the nurses talking. It's truly a freaky experience! There have been people who woke up in the middle of surgery and couldn't say anything. There was a program on tv on the subject and you have to ask the doctors to hook you up to some machine so if this happens they will know. When i had to go in for another surgery i made sure the anesthesiologist knew about my last experience. If they happen to ask you if you have a choice of pain meds tell them you want Dilaudid. It's awesome stuff!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolinekee...kN5#.wxVrJm5rN

Old 05-02-2018, 11:17 AM
V65Ozzie
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Hi all,
I hope this is okay to put in here. If not admins then please tell me where to move it to or delete it.

So I went to my Pre-Operation & Anesthesia appointment on Friday. I learned a lot, asked a lot of questions and got things firmed up some more. I am going in on 14 May 2018 to have my lower right leg amputated. So my Jeep and the engine are being put on hold for another year and maybe longer. It will depend on how well I am doing and how well I am walking with my prosthetic. If I am doing better I will work on the motor but if I am not then I will wait until the year after.
Frank you had offered to come up and help me get the engine done. I thought I wasn't going to be going in for surgery until the middle of June but when they offered me this surgery date I couldn't turn it down. I'd be going in even sooner but I had to get things done around my house and have things ready for this.
So I will post on here once surgery is over with and I am feeling well enough to post.

Rick
Best of luck. Semper Fi.

Old 05-02-2018, 05:27 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by frankie_b_jr
Best wishes to a ****ty situation Rick. Like everyone else has said, I hope this helps and I believe it will. My offer is open ended, so just let me know when you're ready. Just keep us updated in the mean time.

Frank
Frank,
Once I am up and getting around again I'll let you know. I'm sure a second set of hands will be a welcome help when the time comes.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
We appreciate the 'heads up' on the project, but, we are concerned about you as well. After all, you are a member of our community here. And being part of a community, means supporting folks when the need arises, whether they think they 'need' it, or not. See, the problem is, we LIKE you. So, we would like to see your life improve. (not to mention see how much fun that jeep is with a 408.......)
I do think it is going to be a total kick in the pants once it is all said and done. I had hoped to be done with it and have it running before this surgery but it didn't work out that way.

Originally Posted by Moparite
Best wishes and hope everything goes smoothly! Not saying this to get you anymore nervous but something you need to talk about with the anesthesiologist. Years ago i went in to have surgery and when i was in post op i woke up paralyzed. I was freezing cold and couldn't move a muscle or tell anyone. When they "knock you out" they give you two drugs one to put you to sleep and the other to keep you from moving during surgery. When i woke up the drug that paralyzed me still did not wear off yet. I was totally awake and could hear the nurses talking. It's truly a freaky experience! There have been people who woke up in the middle of surgery and couldn't say anything. There was a program on tv on the subject and you have to ask the doctors to hook you up to some machine so if this happens they will know. When i had to go in for another surgery i made sure the anesthesiologist knew about my last experience. If they happen to ask you if you have a choice of pain meds tell them you want Dilaudid. It's awesome stuff!
https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolinekee...kN5#.wxVrJm5rN
Yep I have had Dilaudid before as Morphine doesn't work on me so they had to find something else to give me. It was the first time I ever got the feeling of a warm rush flowing thru my body. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 05-07-2018, 05:57 PM
2bit
Record Breaker
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

https://www.facebook.com/midwestprocad1/

A friend of ours (Matt) lost his arm, and ended up designing a new wrist. I don't know if they are doing anything with legs or not. I hope you find one that fits and works well for you. Thank you for your service. God bless you.

Lance

Old 05-16-2018, 07:42 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Wildman, I hope your surgery went well and you are able to have much less pain and live a higher quality life.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of you in your Jeep wheeling on some trail.

Thank you for your service and my prayers are with you.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:27 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker

Hi everyone,
It took me a little longer than I thought to get on here. Surgery was on Monday 14 May so it has been 6 days since then. The first couple of days were pretty painful but things are getting better each day.
I go back to see the doctors on Wed 23 May for my first check so we will see how that goes and I'll know more than. Everything is fine and we just had a birthday party for my daughter yesterday. She had turned 16 on Wed 16 May which was the day I came home from the hospital. So we had some friends and family over yesterday and had a little party for her.

Old 05-20-2018, 12:42 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Glad to hear you are doing ok.

Give your daughter a big hug, and wish her a happy sweet 16 from me.

Old 05-20-2018, 01:27 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad you're on the mend Rick. Happy belated birthday to your daughter. Our daughters share a birthday. As always, I'm looking forward to any updates you send out.

Frank

Quick Reply: Wildman His Jeep & His Surgery