2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

door speakers, std cab...

Old 08-19-2018, 08:51 PM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Oh, I have those tools, in fact - I have about 8 trim pulling tools (about 7 too many!) ... I think these door panels are probably the same material as the ridiculously weak dash plastic they used in this era. I've had that driver panel off, I'd say, 10 times. Those yellow christmas trees look like they've been through a shredder! I think I just need to stop pulling off those door panels !

Old 08-19-2018, 09:05 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,170 Likes on 2,923 Posts

Originally Posted by fj5gtx
Oh, I have those tools, in fact - I have about 8 trim pulling tools (about 7 too many!) ... I think these door panels are probably the same material as the ridiculously weak dash plastic they used in this era. I've had that driver panel off, I'd say, 10 times. Those yellow christmas trees look like they've been through a shredder! I think I just need to stop pulling off those door panels !
I hear ya. Buncha years back, I bought one for home, as I needed it. Tossed it in the top of the toolbox when I was done, and forgot about it. Couple years later, needed it again, working on my truck..... finished the job, buttoned everything back up. All was good. Needed it for another car... couldn't find it...... So, bought another one. Did the job. Tossed it in the tool box. Wanted to do an oil change on my truck, so, rolled it into the garage, popped the hood, and what do I find? My trim tool stuck on top of the drivers fender.... got caught by a wiring harness. I think it had been there for six months or so...... (I only drive about 4000 miles in a year... so, don't need to be under the hood very often. )

Old 08-20-2018, 06:48 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

There might be some helpful info in this thread:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...ml#post2878048

Old 08-21-2018, 12:27 AM
fj5gtx
Record Breaker
Received 101 Likes on 94 Posts

Dang Spillage, where were you a few days ago when I was trying to figure out whose radio mount kit to buy !

I got a Metra, but it doesn't come with the sleeve, just centers the radio.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door speakers, std cab...