door speakers, std cab... - DodgeForum.com

Notices
2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

door speakers, std cab...

Old 08-12-2018, 09:45 PM
fj5gtx
Veteran
Default door speakers, std cab...

So I have an ex fleet vehicle. The original radio was in it when I got it, and the front speakers (door) didn't respond. When I swapped doors, all the wiring is there for the speakers. I assumed it was the radio. I wired up an aftermarket Alpine I had waiting for a new home. Tried it, front speakers still didn't respond.

Wondering if fleet vehicles were modified to run a separate radio on the door speakers, while retaining the rear for the factory radio. I checked under and around, I don't see any splicing... Anyone hear of a fleet process that would do something like that?

I'd like to just use the factory harness if I can figure out what is going on. If I cannot get it figured out, I could just run my own wires, and cut the factory ones and tap into the harness before my adapter to get it working again.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-12-2018, 11:43 PM
MoparFanatic21
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by fj5gtx View Post
So I have an ex fleet vehicle. The original radio was in it when I got it, and the front speakers (door) didn't respond. When I swapped doors, all the wiring is there for the speakers. I assumed it was the radio. I wired up an aftermarket Alpine I had waiting for a new home. Tried it, front speakers still didn't respond.

Wondering if fleet vehicles were modified to run a separate radio on the door speakers, while retaining the rear for the factory radio. I checked under and around, I don't see any splicing... Anyone hear of a fleet process that would do something like that?

I'd like to just use the factory harness if I can figure out what is going on. If I cannot get it figured out, I could just run my own wires, and cut the factory ones and tap into the harness before my adapter to get it working again.

Thanks in advance.
I never heard of that but the only fleet vehicle I rode in was for my job. When you used their radio it bypassed the front speakers from playing music and played thier company radio (like a CB)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: door speakers, std cab...

Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: