2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

1,000 Mile Journey

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Jaw91097
Veteran
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
What got bent on the hood? Is it just the hinges? Or is the hood itself damaged?

Why would anyone want to go to Cleveland????? (I used to live there. Shaker Heights. Hated it. )
Same thing happened to an old Dakota I had, just the hinges are bent. Hood is a little bent up near the windshield but not noticeable lol

I was born in Cleveland plus all my family lives there, so I figured I’d move back now that I’m able to haha. I’ll be around Fairview Park or North Olmsted mostly

Last edited by Jaw91097; 11-06-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2018, 02:47 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,174 Likes on 2,927 Posts

That explains it.

I still live where I do because this is where my family is.

Old 10-03-2018, 08:11 PM
Jaw91097
Veteran

Made it to Cleveland but as soon as I parked the truck is pissed out coolant everywhere, I believe it’s the water pump because it’s falling onto the harmonic balancer pulley and going everywhere from there. I have a spare so I’ll go get a gasket and do that this weekend.

aside from the water pump going out, the truck has began to leak oil from somewhere, and the transmission is slipping more than usual.

It made it, but just barely haha. I’ll make a post in the 2nd gen technical section when I begin the water pump exchange as well.

This truck has made it 2,000 miles in the last month, which to me is extremely impressive considering I’ve already replaced the motor once before all these miles!
Loving my dodge more and more as I drive it, aside from the problems

Old 11-06-2018, 12:20 AM
Jaw91097
Veteran

Update, got the new hinges, driver side tire leaks air really bad from dry rot, ball joints make a really bad sound when turning, alternator is shot, and the trans....It’s definitely leaking fluid/it slips pretty bad. The other week I took it around the block and had a little fun around a corner, hooked up well, but just driving out of a parking lot it will slip for about five seconds and then catch. Sometimes it’s a hard shift and sometimes it’s easy if I’m moving.

Ive got a plan to get the alternator and the ball joints fixed next week. Then later this month I’m gonna fix the windshield and backglass, as well as tinted 5% all around.

Ill update once the ball joints are done, gonna just let a shop do it. I’ve made up my mind that I just don’t want to work on it for two days straight instead of having them do it for 4 hours.

any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I plan to get a new trans by the end of the year and build/learn on that...Christmas money ​​​​​​​

Old 11-06-2018, 02:22 AM
MoparFanatic21
Legend
Received 306 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaw91097

Update, got the new hinges, driver side tire leaks air really bad from dry rot, ball joints make a really bad sound when turning, alternator is shot, and the trans....It’s definitely leaking fluid/it slips pretty bad. The other week I took it around the block and had a little fun around a corner, hooked up well, but just driving out of a parking lot it will slip for about five seconds and then catch. Sometimes it’s a hard shift and sometimes it’s easy if I’m moving.

Ive got a plan to get the alternator and the ball joints fixed next week. Then later this month I’m gonna fix the windshield and backglass, as well as tinted 5% all around.

Ill update once the ball joints are done, gonna just let a shop do it. I’ve made up my mind that I just don’t want to work on it for two days straight instead of having them do it for 4 hours.

any input or suggestions are greatly appreciated, I plan to get a new trans by the end of the year and build/learn on that...Christmas money
​​​​​​​Since you Off-road don't get greasable ball joints, get a sealed unit. If you have $350 to drop on ball joints, you can get a 100% sealed unit guaranteed for 5 tears against contaminates check your driver's side leaf springs for sag to. As they tend to sag on that side because of the gas tank. I know mine do pretty bad

Old 11-06-2018, 07:41 AM
Jaw91097
Veteran

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Since you Off-road don't get greasable ball joints, get a sealed unit. If you have $350 to drop on ball joints, you can get a 100% sealed unit guaranteed for 5 tears against contaminates check your driver's side leaf springs for sag to. As they tend to sag on that side because of the gas tank. I know mine do pretty bad
I got a cheap set of ball joints off EBay a few months ago but I never put them in, these ones:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F291197487523

I wont be off road for awhile as Cleveland does have much mud I’ve noticed lol, but once I start “building” the truck later on down the road, that’s definitely something I’ll look into!

Old 11-06-2018, 08:22 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Trans may just be electronics. Symptoms kinda point in that direction.

Old 11-06-2018, 01:06 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Originally Posted by Jaw91097

I got a cheap set of ball joints off EBay a few months ago but I never put them in, these ones:
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F291197487523

I wont be off road for awhile as Cleveland does have much mud I’ve noticed lol, but once I start “building” the truck later on down the road, that’s definitely something I’ll look into!
Hey man to be honest I had cheap parts out perform and outlive big babe brands. But me I always but American whether it's a $10 ball joint or a $250 ball joint.
Trans may just be electronics. Symptoms kinda point in that direction.
2nd! I know when I had tranny problems I thought I need a new one (they are black magic to me for all I know could be elves in there) but turned out to be an electronics issue!

Old 11-07-2018, 09:56 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by MoparFanatic21
Hey man to be honest I had cheap parts out perform and outlive big babe brands. But me I always but American whether it's a $10 ball joint or a $250 ball joint.

2nd! I know when I had tranny problems I thought I need a new one (they are black magic to me for all I know could be elves in there) but turned out to be an electronics issue!
Not elves, Dwarves.

Old 11-07-2018, 02:25 PM
MoparFanatic21
Legend

Not elves, Dwarves.
That makes more sense

Quick Reply: 1,000 Mile Journey