2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How many miles do you have on your truck!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2021, 10:09 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

That's kinda odd...... Wonder if the programming just doesn't know what to do after that......

Old 12-10-2021, 12:21 PM
dangagne21
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sirhilton17
Post up how many miles your truck has on it...
And waht problems its had...

1999 Dodge Ram 5.2 - 77480 miles
The only problem was the front passenger side wheel bearing went out.
2003 dodge Dakota 3.9 v6 455,000 miles only problem is the e brake cable snapped

Old 01-10-2022, 06:12 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Posted 11/13/21 with 158,800, now she has 161,948

went through her today, she’s got both leaf packs broke, 2 springs one side, 1 spring on other broke, inner rockers/ rockers/ cab corners (have parts) rear wheel arches (have parts) front shock sheered bolt in control arm, so L/F shock not connected, oil pissin out the back of passenger side valve cover, oil pissin out front crank seal, harmonic balancer rubbed hole through timing cover so she’s pissin there, got a bad tick I haven’t been able to diagnose, won’t communicate with scanner, all fuses good, window fell off the tracks (fixed today) center bearing mount broke from frame (only bad spot on frame, welded my own bracket together and fixed) rod grommets for 4wd shift rod both let go while stuck in deep snow the other day. Radiator cracked so can only fill half way…

still doesn’t have a single light on dash, oil pressure perfect and goes straight down the road with a perfect shifting tranny and no pulling/ vibration. I do have a parts truck lol

Old 01-10-2022, 08:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
Posted 11/13/21 with 158,800, now she has 161,948

went through her today, she’s got both leaf packs broke, 2 springs one side, 1 spring on other broke, inner rockers/ rockers/ cab corners (have parts) rear wheel arches (have parts) front shock sheered bolt in control arm, so L/F shock not connected, oil pissin out the back of passenger side valve cover, oil pissin out front crank seal, harmonic balancer rubbed hole through timing cover so she’s pissin there, got a bad tick I haven’t been able to diagnose, won’t communicate with scanner, all fuses good, window fell off the tracks (fixed today) center bearing mount broke from frame (only bad spot on frame, welded my own bracket together and fixed) rod grommets for 4wd shift rod both let go while stuck in deep snow the other day. Radiator cracked so can only fill half way…

still doesn’t have a single light on dash, oil pressure perfect and goes straight down the road with a perfect shifting tranny and no pulling/ vibration. I do have a parts truck lol
You have something else you regularly drive? You put fewer miles on your than I do... and I'm retired. Of course, my truck is the only vehicle I own.... I just don't go anywhere.

Old 01-20-2022, 08:55 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
You have something else you regularly drive? You put fewer miles on your than I do... and I'm retired. Of course, my truck is the only vehicle I own.... I just don't go anywhere.

I drive my truck to work and back 25 mile round trip and to the dump on saturdays which is like 6 miles…..then on weekends when the wife and kids are with me we take her 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5l awd that has 241k….I literally inspected it last weekend (I do inspection stickers) and I needed to replace the 4 inch flex pipe and a brake light bulb…things mint, no rust no leaks, no noises, drives straight and doesn’t burn a drop of oil between my 5000 mile changes….things a V6 awd and gets 26-28 miles a gallon….I paid $2300 for it 2 years ago and have done brakes, alternator, tires, flex pipe and brake light bulb and have put 40k on it, doesn’t owe me a dime

but on better note I ordered new leaf spring packs for my truck today, got the heavy duty ones rated for 2200lb 5 leaf vs the stock 1700lb 4 leaf, cost me $299 for both sets…..just need to get one leaf bolt because I’m not dropping gas tank, imma cut that bolt, but I’ll be changing my springs this weekend

Old 01-20-2022, 09:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I drive my truck to work and back 25 mile round trip and to the dump on saturdays which is like 6 miles…..then on weekends when the wife and kids are with me we take her 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe 3.5l awd that has 241k….I literally inspected it last weekend (I do inspection stickers) and I needed to replace the 4 inch flex pipe and a brake light bulb…things mint, no rust no leaks, no noises, drives straight and doesn’t burn a drop of oil between my 5000 mile changes….things a V6 awd and gets 26-28 miles a gallon….I paid $2300 for it 2 years ago and have done brakes, alternator, tires, flex pipe and brake light bulb and have put 40k on it, doesn’t owe me a dime

but on better note I ordered new leaf spring packs for my truck today, got the heavy duty ones rated for 2200lb 5 leaf vs the stock 1700lb 4 leaf, cost me $299 for both sets…..just need to get one leaf bolt because I’m not dropping gas tank, imma cut that bolt, but I’ll be changing my springs this weekend
I might be tempted to drop the tank, and replace the straps. I have had to do that on both my trucks..... the rear strap REALLY likes to rust out and break.

Old 01-22-2022, 03:40 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I might be tempted to drop the tank, and replace the straps. I have had to do that on both my trucks..... the rear strap REALLY likes to rust out and break.

I bought my truck 3 1/2 years ago and when I bought all fuel lines, brake lines and tank straps were new, there’s zero rust on those parts…for now……and I can’t do the springs myself, dislocated middle finger and tore tendon in my dominant hand so it’s greatly hindered my abilities right now. Each spring pack weighs 176lbs according to shipping sticker and I just can’t do it by myself right now unfortunately

Old 01-22-2022, 10:56 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

I bought my truck 3 1/2 years ago and when I bought all fuel lines, brake lines and tank straps were new, there’s zero rust on those parts…for now……and I can’t do the springs myself, dislocated middle finger and tore tendon in my dominant hand so it’s greatly hindered my abilities right now. Each spring pack weighs 176lbs according to shipping sticker and I just can’t do it by myself right now unfortunately
I am way too familiar with that sentiment. Unfortunately for me, time won't heal. If I don't have help, I can't do squat. I've had a few years to adjust to the 'new' reality though, and am at peace with it. I just need a grandkid that's interested in learning this stuff..... So far, no luck..... They just don't seem to care for the "work" part of it. Not that I blame them.

Old 08-07-2022, 02:15 PM
Adobedude
All Star
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1998 2500 automatic 4x2 gasser - 191,000 miles.
2001 2500 NV5600 4x2 24 valve - 124,700 miles

Old 09-27-2022, 02:16 PM
WhiteSnake91
Professional
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

crossed 227k on my 95 dodge ram 5.2 v8 the other day, it doesn't get very many miles on it these days with gas prices, we mostly use our much more fuel efficient 4 cylinder newer car, but I'll always keep old trusty around for a backup vehicle or for hauling stuff. Changed the factory alternator out at the end of april in the pouring down rain, it took the battery with it. A particularly heavy load moving from one place to the other the night before killed it I believe. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...he-ringer.html it's been dinged up and even stolen but I've fixed it up and have done a lot of new sensors for maintenance, starts right up and has always been reliable. Drove it occasionally even with the messed up transmission from the idiots stealing it to try and rip an atm unsuccessfully from a bank here, got that fixed and serviced back in June, great price, $175 for a trans service, fluid, filter change, they had to drop the valve body to fix the broken front band strut they said. Even with it messed up it was only missing 2nd gear, it was more than fine for slower inner town driving with the load. Got two decent used tires at the start of Sept. I just simply don't drive it enough or even take it out of town to justify expensive new truck tires. I disable the truck by taking several major systems out when it's sitting, good luck to any idiots trying to steal it now lol. I'd love to get a camper shell for it but I am NOT about to pay $10k+ for some fancy new one like I've seen online, how expensive is some metal and glass really... I may hit up fb marketplace, or, if anybody knows a cheap connect for older vehicle used camper shells plz let me know, specifically for these 2nd gen rams, a 95 ram long bed in particular

thinking of trying a can of that Restore stuff the next time I change the oil to see if it gives it any pep, it burns 0.75q of oil per 1000 miles, really not a biggie to me and actually less than many newer vehicles I've read.

Quick Reply: How many miles do you have on your truck!