2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Time to take legal action concerning cracked dashes

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2007 | 12:28 PM
Glideman88
Professional
Default RE: Time to take legal action concerning cracked dashes

I'm really tired of hearing about all the bad "traits" our Dodges supposedly have! ALL vehicles, large or small will need repair sooner or later!

Speaking of "Dodge only" problems....my wife's 2002 Ford Sport Trac with less than 75,000 miles has had the transmission rebuilt, all ball joints replaced, PCM replaced, and will be in the shop next month to rebuild the rear differential. Luckily all these items have been covered by the extended warranty.

Old 03-11-2007 | 04:59 PM
dirty dog
Professional

my 2000 model looks like someone go hold to it with a bat. i really dont like this at all. i test drove a 2004 model ram the other day and it looks and feels like the same material my dash is made of.

Old 03-11-2007 | 06:06 PM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: chet

your being a dumb ***. What were saying is why is it that pretty much only dodge dash's crack, paint chip and tranny suck? My dad has a 2000 chevy and uses it as his farm truck and doesnt clean or take care of it and with a little TLC it would look better than my truck. Our old utility truck was a 1986 ford, if not for a little rust on the fender it would look perfect(besides the motor quit). What I am saying is i take care of my truck and all the other trucks out last it.

then dont buy another dodge. live and learn.

you sit here and cry and expect free handouts from companies? dodge sold you a truck with a specific length warranty. the problem didnt occur within the warranty so, therefore, ITS NOT DODGE'S PROBLEM.

and slade.. HA! ya i'm sure your cracking dash could cause possible injuries to passengers

you guys think you're owed something..you're not. get over it

Old 03-11-2007 | 10:00 PM
ShakyJay
Rookie

ORIGINAL: radwebster

ORIGINAL: chet

your being a dumb ***. What were saying is why is it that pretty much only dodge dash's crack, paint chip and tranny suck? My dad has a 2000 chevy and uses it as his farm truck and doesnt clean or take care of it and with a little TLC it would look better than my truck. Our old utility truck was a 1986 ford, if not for a little rust on the fender it would look perfect(besides the motor quit). What I am saying is i take care of my truck and all the other trucks out last it.

you sit here and cry and expect free handouts from companies? dodge sold you a truck with a specific length warranty. the problem didnt occur within the warranty so, therefore, ITS NOT DODGE'S PROBLEM.

and slade.. HA! ya i'm sure your cracking dash could cause possible injuries to passengers

Just curious, what do you say to all the people whose dashes cracked while the truck was still under warranty and Dodge claimedthat it is not covered?

Old 03-12-2007 | 01:45 AM
Slade901

radwebster >> What is wrong with radwebster. Looks like his panty is in a wad. I sure do hope you don't work for a Dodge Dealership because you seem to get upset easily and blast people who complain about issues that should have not happened. I can understand engine, transmission, torque converter, and anything that has moving parts which gets wear and tear. However, a dash does have any moving parts that gets worn out. It just stays there and I own different kinds of vehicle and work on my family, friends vehicles and I do see some cracked dash and you just see lines in the dash. However, this dodge truck I have has piece of s*** dash design which cracks like crackers. I can deal with the dash cracking if it just cracks with a straight line like most dashes and does not turn into jigsaw puzzle.

Old 03-12-2007 | 01:55 AM
shott8283

stop the bickering and name calling or this thread will be locked.

Old 03-12-2007 | 03:35 AM
Zachtk8702
Rookie

My dash is FANNNNNTASTIC!

Old 03-12-2007 | 06:24 PM
radwebster
Captain

ORIGINAL: ShakyJay

Just curious, what do you say to all the people whose dashes cracked while the truck was still under warranty and Dodge claimedthat it is not covered?
that entirely depends on the situation. when you purchase a vehicle, you are provided with a warranty booklet, which details exactly what is and isnt covered. a lot of cosmetic items are not covered. when you sign the papers taking over ownership of said vehicle, you are also agreeing 100% with the pertaining legal documents provided.

i'm not sure whats included in the dodge warranty (whether the dash is or not), so i cant comment on that. but if the dash is covered, and its still under warranty, then by all means go and give them hell.

but when the truck is 10 years old, waaayyyyyy out of warranty, and the owner is still bitching about like they want legal compensation...

i've said it before and i'll say it again. out of warranty, out of manufacturer's responsibility! if the day after your waranty expires, your engine seizes, trans melts down, and dash cracks so hard the frame buckles...guess what?! you're beat. dont buy a dodge next time. if you guys consistantly see chevys and fords lasting longer.. then why are you even drivinga chrysler?

Old 03-12-2007 | 07:37 PM
Slade901

If you guys consistantly see chevys and fords lasting longer.. then why are you even drivinga chrysler?
We are stuck on this vehicle and we don't have money growing on trees to just throw away this vehicle and buy another vehicle. The way you talk to us makes me think you are rich guy and spoiled. Let us vent about this issue which is a very obvious problem to this Dodge Ram 1500 2nd generation. No smart remarks from you either.

Old 03-13-2007 | 03:36 AM
chet
Professional

exactly, some of us cant afford after spending several thousands of dollars to just go get us a new vehicle. We have to stick it out with the one we got while we make payments and then hopefully one day soon we will be able to get rid of these piles.

Quick Reply: Time to take legal action concerning cracked dashes